Sound from releasing break pedal

Feb 14, 2023
See this video I recorded of the break pedal making an annoying "clunk" noise when released:

Formentor break noise video

Has anybody experienced this? It has been there almost from the start and I have been at the dealer twice. Both times they changed the pedal "virtualy". So it's only telling the system that it has been changed - I guesss to reset something.

(I have Formentor VZ)

Tmat

Jan 26, 2023
Hi. Yes I've had this for almost 3weeks now so a few days after I got the car is when I started getting the brake sound.

Mines a V2

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
See this video I recorded of the break pedal making an annoying "clunk" noise when released:

Has anybody experienced this? It has been there almost from the start and I have been at the dealer twice. Both times they changed the pedal "virtualy". So it's only telling the system that it has been changed - I guesss to reset something.

(I have Formentor VZ)
I had and still have the clunk. The pedal linkage was checked, lubricated and was declared “normal”.

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
I have the same sound on Cupra Leon Mk4 300 been in garage they found nothing, was really bad last winter 2022 but this winter not so bad seems worse in cold temps. I have vid but it wont let me upload. Another quality Cupra feature I guess along with peeling strips of paint on Leons bumpers that cupra deny is an issue.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I don’t have an issue with people mistakenly spelling brake as break - as said above, English isn’t everyone’s first language and I certainly wouldn’t be able to write fluently in another language.

So the use of break instead of brake doesn’t bother me. One that does irritate me though and is a pet hate of mine is when people refer to door mirrors as wing mirrors……..😡

IMHO wing mirrors are exactly that - rear view exterior mirrors attached to a car’s front wings; the type that used to be commonplace in the 1970’s and earlier. Like those in the picture below;

F7350E77-96F7-4E8F-9270-67BF6CE13617.jpeg

IMHO exterior review mirrors attached to a car’s doors are……..DOOR MIRRORS!

Apologies for going off topic 😳.

Reactions: Seastormer

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
I have this issue. Noticeably more when cold.
Past experiences with SEAT warranty over the last 10 years tells me “just forget about it” :ROFLMAO:

Oct 30, 2022

(I have Formentor VZ)
I've had my VZ3 310 (Brembos) for almost two years and it did this for around 3 months from new then stopped. I had new pads a couple of months ago (14k miles (ish)) and it started again. Getting less often as every day goes by.
I've never been to the dealer about it as when I have about other things, they have the car for a day or so and never find anything wrong.

Scriminjer

Oct 13, 2022
My V2 is doing this, I assumed it was just a pad sticking when being released which seems normal on the last 2 cars (not Cupras) I’ve had with electric handbrakes?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise