Spare wheel

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
I'm looking for a spare wheel for my Cupra R ST that comes with 19" wheels. I know there's a VW 18" space saver that works, but wondering other than another expensive R wheel, what other 19" SEAT wheel has the same offset etc.?

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
As long as it's straight with a legal tyre.

Note that, unless the tyre and wheel size are identical to that already on the axke, your legal maximum speed will still be 50mph whilst using it, same as a space saver. And of course it’s illegal to mix tyre sizes and treads (and some would say tread depth) on an axle long term (ie, not aa a short term spare).

Reactions: daniel_ley

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
Yes I know, but 50 mph has to be better than maybe waiting hours for the RAC, and them calling a mobile tyre fitter. Who then stings you for a ditch finder tyre.

Reactions: RUM4MO

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
Note that, unless the tyre and wheel size are identical to that already on the axke, your legal maximum speed will still be 50mph whilst using it, same as a space saver. And of course it’s illegal to mix tyre sizes and treads (and some would say tread depth) on an axle long term (ie, not aa a short term spare).
Sounds like best to choose between a wheel like the ones now on the car or a space saver (which at least would leave more room in the boot).

pauly1299

Oct 3, 2022
Sounds like best to choose between a wheel like the ones now on the car or a space saver (which at least would leave more room in the boot).
Hard to find a single Cupra R ST wheel, and new ones are £500 plus the tyre. Haven't found a VW 18" space saver within 40 miles yet.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise