Superguard

on_the_verge

Dec 22, 2007
Is it worth getting the Superguard protection option? I am thinking that it probably is as my FR on order is in Candy White and I reckon come the summer months the flies will be a night mare!

Cheers - and sorry for all the questions, you shouldn't be so knowledgable!

PS Its really good to get honest replies to questions :clap:

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
Not worth it. Better off with a decent carnuba wax / collinite barrier instead. If you can stretch to it, get some film over the car, at least on the front to protect against stone chips.

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
Don't do it, waste of money!

You still have to top it up with stuff to protect against flies etc. as it wears off in time.

As above, get some decent products and look after the car yourself and save a wad of cash in the process as all the garage does is what you will do.

bobcat

As above. Defiantly NOT worth the money

1 you have to keep it "topped up" with the shampoo the dealers sell
2 It would help if the dealer actually cleaned the car properly before putting the stuff on (you can still see the outline of the protective foam strips on both front and rear bumpers on mine)
3I have polished a bit of my bonnet with carnuba wax just to see if there was any difference and the water now just runs off on the bit I have done but stays on the rest

So all in all IMHO waste of money

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Not worth it mate.

I have the Autoglym Lifeshine on mine and it is a complete waste of space. Wasn't even applied properly inside by the dealer, left white powder all over the seats.

The only consolation was that I managed to get it free of charge.

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Dont bother with it.

If your up for doing it yourself, get some sealant to apply as a base, a good hard wearing one is the Chemical Guys Jetseal109, great for using on the body & wheels.

Wax wise i'd suggest something like Dodo Juice Diamond White Carnauba Wax, this is a hard wearing wax which gives a great finish.

Dont forget to get some decent applicators & microfibres too....

http://www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk/index.php

Or get Ian @ Finerdetails to sort you out with a Pro detail, I'd guess similar £££ to having the SG stuff

Last edited:

Bainie

Oct 22, 2007
I work with a guy who used to work as a Valater for a lot of big garages ... he said that they very rarely bothered putting it on whebn people ordered it as it was a pain in the rear , just gave the car a quick polish and poor old Joe Bloggs is none the wiser, £200 down the drain ...

When I bought my astra VXR , instead of paying the dealer 200 notes I spent it on a PC , and some decent products, which I still have 3 cars on ...

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
Dont bother with it.

If your up for doing it yourself, get some sealant to apply as a base, a good hard wearing one is the Chemical Guys Jetseal109, great for using on the body & wheels.

Wax wise i'd suggest something like Dodo Juice Diamond White Carnauba Wax, this is a hard wearing wax which gives a great finish.

Dont forget to get some decent applicators & microfibres too....

http://www.carnaubawaxshop.co.uk/index.php

Or get Ian @ Finerdetails to sort you out with a Pro detail, I'd guess similar £££ to having the SG stuff

I'll second this with Jace we are both singing from the same sheet here!
I have dodo diamond white on mine and its terrific, not as long lasting as some others but a great wax for white cars!

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
How many times can you use 1 250ml container on your car?
As in, how long does it last?

Graham123

May 13, 2007
I have a Candy White FR - I washed and clayed it (Clay Magic).

Than used Carlack 68 and topped off with a couple of thin layers of Collinite 845 (liquid wax), as I'm not a fan of harder waxes - too much like hard work. Looks awesome - even now a couple of months after it was done. The Carlack is superb stuff - I'd recommend to anyone - I've done 4 cars with it so far, diffrent colours and finishes and they all look good.

Have had cars and bikes done with Supagard in the past and for the price and relative finish it's nowhere near as good value or quality. I wouldn't use it again......

finchy

dont bother, had it applied to the wifes c-max. It was a total waste of money, the only place they seemed to put it on properly was on the windscreen, like it had been coated with a permament coating of lard mixed with baby oil and proberly a little bit of ducks fat, it was proper crap,

on_the_verge

Dec 22, 2007
Cheers guys!

Guess it is now a no brainer, will put some elbow grease into the new car and save myself some money :)

Virge

Deleted member 12175

Does anyone recommend it if i can get it done for free?

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Does anyone recommend it if i can get it done for free?

My Autoglym Lifeshine was actually free.

As long as they don't make a total mess of applying it then probably yes as with mine you get a guarantee if you spill anything on the seats and can't get it out, plus a nice pack of polishes etc that would probably be £40 on its own.

My exterior was fine, but inside had white powder everywhere and a layer of grease on the inside of the windscreen that still wasn't removed after 3 visits to the dealer (did it myself in the end).

This was on a brand new car as well and to some extent spoilt the new car experience.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise