Tailgate hooks

TonyFSC

Jun 20, 2015
On my SC FR, there are two hooks moulded into the edge of the tailgate marked '1.5kg max'.
Anyone know what they are for; they are not covered in the manual?
Tony

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Yeah, they look pretty pointless to me. How could you hang anything on them with the boot closed?

The ST has two similar hooks on the sides of the boot. While a lot more sensible they still aren't very good. The hooks are too low to hold a typical size of carrier bag and they are shallow so are not very secure. A good idea poorly implemented.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
They are for hanging handbags, jacket etc on while you put the messages/baby buggy in, so that you then put them in last on the top, then when you home easy get the house keys out without having to take everything else out first.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
They are for hanging handbags, jacket etc on while you put the messages/baby buggy in, so that you then put them in last on the top, then when you home easy get the house keys out without having to take everything else out first.

After picking them out of the remains of your Ruby that have slid all over the boot because of the lack of some hooks....... ;)

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Two hooks in my boot for that very purpose.

Just been n checked , two in our boot too. Never noticed before tbh , most of our local Indian/Thai/Chinese etc deliver, although I'm sure other half has used them during that strange 'shopping' ritual she does..... :)

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Unless you have the ST... The side hooks are perfect for exactly this situation. I've used mine to avoid this more than once! ;)

Yes, but they are not very good hooks. Maybe Spanish carrier bags are smaller but the hooks are too low and not a very 'hooky' shape. Several times I've hooked bags on them only for the handle to just lift off the hook and set the bag free.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Couldn't you just drop the boot floor down to allow the bag to hang?

Good point, that would work! Hadn't thought of that. We never put the floor down and to be honest, I forget it does that ;0) Thank you for the reminder though as my son and I are going to Glentress in the morning so I need to put two bikes in the car and dropping the floor will help!

Need to buy roof-bars one of these days...

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Yes, but they are not very good hooks. Maybe Spanish carrier bags are smaller but the hooks are too low and not a very 'hooky' shape. Several times I've hooked bags on them only for the handle to just lift off the hook and set the bag free.

Stop putting it in Cupra mode and driving on two wheels then.

Last edited:

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Stop putting bit in Cupra mode and driving on two wheels then.

I have a 1.6TDi, the slowest Leon they make! No Cupra-mode, you've got tortoise-mode and tortoise-with-a-kick-up-the-ass-mode ;0) Only way I could get two wheels off the road would be to put the thing in a field...

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.