Test drive input ?

tetrad

Mar 25, 2021
Hi All - I have a test drive (VZ edition) booked for next Saturday at my local dealer, thinking about purchasing a VZ3 to replace my 2016 S line Audi TT.

Thought I'd ask you all for
(1) those things that you think are particularly GREAT about the formentor that I should check out during the test and
(2) and those things that you think are POOR or ANNOYING that I should experience to see if I can live with them !

I'm looking to benefit form your collective experience so far as existing owners. I have mixed feelings at the moment, especially around comments regarding ACC issues and software problems !

Many thanks in advance, I promise to report back !

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Try out the rear seats. :D That is probably the biggest change to the TT.

Launch control might be impressive as well, although your TT is probably not far of (5.3s).

Poor/annoying - security offerings, line assist (try driving across a line and see how it reacts), fake sound (you can pull out the plug from the sound actuator quite easily), very sluggish response in Drive (almost laughably unresponsive until halfway pressed).

If you can, try to go over a bump not straight on, for example if you have a speed bump try to go across diagonally. I find the car rolls quite heavily in this type of situation. When going straight on, I like it a lot, but this bump while cornering seems to roll the car, regardless of DCC mode.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Negatives;
Infotainment is hit and miss. Software glitches the biggest problem, most stuff needs deactivated every time you start car (lane asist, eco, stop start). To set the cruise is a faf (defaults to limiter), virtual tailgate hit and miss (doesn’t like dirt). A lot of wind noise from the sunroof in my VZ Edition. MPG worse than the S3 I had.

Positives;
Goes like stink. A lot of adjustment in the drives settings (dampers, steering etc). Looks cool, quality is good, ride in comfort is very good. Seats are sublime and I like the satellite buttons on the steering wheel (Cupra, start button). Boot space decent enough.

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
Negatives;
Infotainment is hit and miss. Software glitches the biggest problem, most stuff needs deactivated every time you start car (lane asist, eco, stop start). To set the cruise is a faf (defaults to limiter), virtual tailgate hit and miss (doesn’t like dirt). A lot of wind noise from the sunroof in my VZ Edition. MPG worse than the S3 I had.

Positives;
Goes like stink. A lot of adjustment in the drives settings (dampers, steering etc). Looks cool, quality is good, ride in comfort is very good. Seats are sublime and I like the satellite buttons on the steering wheel (Cupra, start button). Boot space decent enough.
Do you mean wind noise from the sunroof when it's open??

megarax

Mar 12, 2021
Positives
Fast ,good looking ,people still stop and stare,spacious ,loads of toys
The wife loves it

negatives
Software is as flakey as a Cornish pasty
Wish it sounded better from the outside
Lane assist is from the devil would like to be able to keep it switched off after restart

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Positives
Fast ,good looking ,people still stop and stare,spacious ,loads of toys
The wife loves it

negatives
Software is as flakey as a Cornish pasty
Wish it sounded better from the outside
Lane assist is from the devil would like to be able to keep it switched off after restart
One of your positives is one of the biggest negatives IMO - it has too many toys - the operating system doesn’t have the quality to be able to handle them all.

megarax

Mar 12, 2021
Agreed electronic aids a pain but I meant
Heated seats and wheel,cool led interior lighting
Great led exterior lighting etc etc
One thing I’m pleased about that’s missing is a heated front screen maybe it’s my 60 year old eyes but find the filaments make driving at night and in the wet very difficult

Reactions: DEAN0 and Peyton

tetrad

Mar 25, 2021
Thanks all. I’m almost at the point of ordering but concerned about the software/screen controls.

Loved the drive and acceleration, but the IT issues reported on the forum are concerning as is the absence of any Cupra official response.

I’ll keep monitoring- if I order now it will be a Sept delivery and maybe things may be more sorted/stable

jimbobc

May 6, 2021
Thanks all. I’m almost at the point of ordering but concerned about the software/screen controls.

Loved the drive and acceleration, but the IT issues reported on the forum are concerning as is the absence of any Cupra official response.

I’ll keep monitoring- if I order now it will be a Sept delivery and maybe things may be more sorted/stable
I've been pretty impressed by the infotainment on the 70 reg demo I have for the week. Was expecting a disaster but been pleasantly surprised.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.