Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
CUPRA UK is today opening pre-ordering for the new CUPRA Formentor coupé crossover SUV.

Customers that wish to be one of the first to receive a Formentor in the UK can register for an early production slot at preorder.cupraofficial.co.uk by paying a £500 deposit.

The deposit is 100% refundable, which is reasonable considering people are being asked to pay towards a car they don’t know how much it will cost yet.

Customers who pre-order will be given access to a “priority ordering window” expected to be in October 2020.

The first 100 orders will receive a limited-edition...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
The amount of VZ's available for the UK has been reduced to 50 and may not have the pano roof shown above judging by the image on the "Reserve" site.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
This is copied from the official Cupra site:

Getting started
Reserve your CUPRA Formentor VZ Edition today, but be quick. There are only 50 cars available — each with a number badge attesting it as one of the first 50 cars produced.

Thanks I've asked if the allocation has been reduced or 50 have just gone already and the site's been updated (I suspect the first option). Will update when I hear back.

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
The wording implies the number has been reduced - suspect they were ambitious to expect deposits before price and spec are finalised nor any reviews available.

That's Porsche territory...

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
OK thanks to SEAT we've got some clarification now.

100 VZ models are still coming to the UK, all of which will be numbered. There will be 50 available to pre-order with a unique upgrade (still TBC exactly what that is).

Scott

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford

100 VZ models are still coming to the UK, all of which will be numbered. There will be 50 available to pre-order with a unique upgrade (still TBC exactly what that is).

Scott

An ABT tuning box would get them sold..

Reactions: Syphon

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool

Scott
Mats and flaps and a full tank of juice? ;)
I have to say, the more I look at the pictures of the Formentor the more it’s grown on me.
I’m not a fan of SUVs truth be told but this looks a bit different to the rest, especially the front.

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
Having a flick through the "Reserve" website, definitely appears to read that there will only be 50.

it also says that the VZ ordered following a reservation on the pre-launch window will be fitted with the "Copper coloured Brembo brakes at no additional cost (RRP £2020)" - doesn't mention if the discs are bigger and drilled/ventilated.

That implies that if you order after the window shuts (30th September), then the Brembo may be at additional cost.

I may reserve one and make up my mind once the full spec and pricing is available.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.