the right oil for leon cupra r 225

tchallenger

Feb 20, 2014
Hi everyone, I've spent weeks researching what oil for my car to top it now its been serviced. It's been serviced with 10w 40 according to the paperwork and when I asked for a top up I waited 2 days for the garage "listers evesham" to talk to seat to get the right stuff. They've given me shell helix hx7 10w 40 ? Vw spec of 502 and 505..... What's everyone saying ? Doesn't sound right to me and the car runs so well I song want to mess it up. Thanks in advance!

I<3VAG

Jul 15, 2014
I was doing some resarch too seems to be so many different answers, some say 10w 40 and others say 5/40, 5/30. I just went for some mobil super 3000 5w/40 in the end and was on offer too havnt put it in yet but i remember someone always telling me as long as its 40 at the end because turbo charged cars need the heavier oil?

tchallenger

Feb 20, 2014
it's just a mine field of different information, I've been given this oil and looking up the vw spec numbers ones for atrosious conditions and the other for diesel? Shall I top it up and be done with it, some oil is better then no oil....

minute

Aug 15, 2013
Accrington
it's just a mine field of different information, I've been given this oil and looking up the vw spec numbers ones for atrosious conditions and the other for diesel? Shall I top it up and be done with it, some oil is better then no oil....

You need VW504 spec. VW503 will be for the atrocious conditions you're talking about.

Last edited:

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
I use 5w 40 as like it abit thicker 10w 40 will be fine aswell older engines so personally I like abit more viscosity

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise