Toledo SE Nav spec

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Couple of quick questions to those with SE Nav spec Toledos.......We've been left a Rhodium Grey 2014 14 plate SE Nav 1.2TSI in a will, and I'll be picking it up in a couple of weeks when I'm back driving after a big shoulder operation nearly 2 weeks ago.

Just wondering what spec the SE Nav actually has............1 I can't work out it it has factory privacy glass? 2. Does it have front and rear, or rear only parking sensors? 3. Is there an MDI unit in the glovebox? 4. Are there any USB charging points on the dash? 4. Does the 1.2TSI 105 come with a 5 or 6 speed gearbox? 5. Where's the GPS antenna? In the glass or the sharkfin on the roof? 5. What size tyres does it have on these rims?

Like I say, it's going to be a couple of weeks before I can pick the car up (it's 150 miles from where we live) and I'm just interested in advance to see how well, or otherwise, it is specced.

Whatever spec it is, it will be a keeper, it's only done 6600 miles in 8 years!

No pictures of my own yet, but couldn't believe it's there for the world to see on Google Street view outside our late friend's house
!

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot (199).png
    Screenshot (199).png
    990.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot (202).png
    Screenshot (202).png
    816.8 KB · Views: 101

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Factory Privacy glass yes. Rear only.
Factory Rear only sensors.
MDI in centre console and it's complete sh1t.
USB charge from MDI.
105 has 6 speed.
GPS aerial on roof.

Reactions: LeylandVCDS

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Engine great.
Ride a bit jiggly.
Handling, quite meh, rubbish compared with the Ibiza V or Leon III.
Try and press on through bumpy S bends and you'll see😉. The body flex is almost like a convertible.
Build quality. Well Skoda had started to improve it by 2014, but a few rattles & draughts are normal. Creaky suspension and badly fitted tailgates were widespread. Also water ingress. The doors fill up due to drains blocked by rubber strips or excess wax. This water gets in and soaks the carpets too

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Reliability. The 1.2 has a chain.
The chain problems on that engine are supposed to have been eradicated years before.
The turbo and actuator problems were also last recalled in 2012 too, but on my 2014 both had to be replaced at 26000.
I regret sticking with the variable service regime (18000 mile intervals).

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Slight modding is possible using tools like Carista.
Locks, lighting , Dash etc can all be customised.
The Nav RNS315 is OK but I couldn't add Speed Cameras to it like I have done to the newer MIB set in my newer Toledo.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
What else can I think of?
It's got Bluetooth for media and phone.
It's got height adjust in both front seats.

It was cheap and I really liked it.
So I had another😀

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Re scrap Xcellence.
The newer seats are much nicer. Better materials, but also a bit more lumber support. The original seats could be uncomfortable on long runs.
The Head Unit is I believe incompatable with the pre 2015 cars. Most of it lives in the glove box with just a touchscreen front and centre.
The Xcellence comes on 17s as standard.
Dont know if the LED front lamps are plug and play, but they were an option before the mid 2015 facelift, so maybe they would work.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Re scrap Xcellence.
The newer seats are much nicer. Better materials, but also a bit more lumber support. The original seats could be uncomfortable on long runs.
The Head Unit is I believe incompatable with the pre 2015 cars. Most of it lives in the glove box with just a touchscreen front and centre.
The Xcellence comes on 17s as standard.
Dont know if the LED front lamps are plug and play, but they were an option before the mid 2015 facelift, so maybe they would work.
Thanks again. Another quick question, what are the Chinese nav head units like in relation to the RNS315? And if one of those goes in, does the MDI still work?
Maybe something like this:

Tell

Staff member
Thanks again. Another quick question, what are the Chinese nav head units like in relation to the RNS315? And if one of those goes in, does the MDI still work?
Maybe something like this:
Always intrigued by those adverts. Has anyone fitted one of these or something like it. Last conversation was along the line of intrigued... Might be a thread on here. On a cost basis cheaper than the Mib2 unit... Where the conversation got to before.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
Problem is I haven't got the MIB2 option. The car is preMIB 1 and has a standalone RNS315 installed,so need another standalone unit like the RNS510 Skoda Columbus equivalent or some like like the linked android unit

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Problem is I haven't got the MIB2 option. The car is preMIB 1 and has a standalone RNS315 installed,so need another standalone unit like the RNS510 Skoda Columbus equivalent or some like like the linked android unit
I believe those Android Chinese boxes can be put in as if you are doing the upgrade but you have to read the small print !. So there are ones which do Mib1 to an all singing and dancing Android box.

Actually I think there is a thread somewhere where they did a mib1 to one of them. Pictures and cables on here... a couple of guys rose to occasion.

Haven't found that yet but this here:

This:

The Pioneer rings a bell. Probably safer than a non branded Chinese box.

Suggest you slap RNS315 in the Seatcupra search and look at previous conversations and success about. Seems the Pioneer one looks like what you want.... you could message.

The Pioneer route will be this one discussed here:

I'm sure

Would discuss... The manual seems to appear on his sofa in the picture 😍.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
I've made a decision on the head unit - I'm putting a red backlit RNS510 (same as the Skoda Columbus) in with a separate bluetooth module. I want to keep it as OEM as possible

Reactions: Tell

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
OK. There is an expert on Columbus refits on Briskoda. Member name Rustynuts.
There are also a few guides from those who have done it on Briskoda.
EIther in
SKoda Rapid - Spaceback
Skoda Rapid Guides
Skoda Rapid Projects
Or the ICE section

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
There are also guys over there who've gone the Chinese Android route.

Or the more modern VW RCD330.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
OK. There is an expert on Columbus refits on Briskoda. Member name Rustynuts.
There are also a few guides from those who have done it on Briskoda.
EIther in
SKoda Rapid - Spaceback
Skoda Rapid Guides
Skoda Rapid Projects
Or the ICE section
I used to be on Briskoda, and have in the past bought a DAB columbus from him. Although I haven't been on Briskoda for years, I still have Andy's number but he's ignoring all messages, calls, WhatsApp and signal messages, and not returning any calls, despite repeated attempts to contact. So that's a no-no unfortunately. Going to send you a quick pm