Total SEAT Cupra Virgin!!

AndyTrack

Apr 19, 2022
Uttoxeter
Well, it started like this........
I need a track car he says, lets have look on t'internet..........
After much searching and two trips to Swindon, I now have a Y plate Leon Cupra on my drive, a silver one with a ridiculous green hammerite paint job on its bum and lots of stuff done to it.
After having it a month, most of it at the cage building mans yard, off to Cadwell Park I went.
WHAT A MOTOR!!! FLAMES!!!BANGS!!! OH THE DRAMA OF THE THING. WHAT A BLAST!!!
BEST £2100 I'VE EVER SPENT
Anyway time to calm down and reality to set in.......
I now have a track bitch (that I love deeply) and not a clue about how it works or what stuff is on it.
Your help and patience will be much appreciated in my quest to learn about these wonderful motors and their most excellent parts bin.
Cheers for now
Andy

Reactions: Oliver Pawley

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Well, it started like this........
I need a track car he says, lets have look on t'internet..........
After much searching and two trips to Swindon, I now have a Y plate Leon Cupra on my drive, a silver one with a ridiculous green hammerite paint job on its bum and lots of stuff done to it.
After having it a month, most of it at the cage building mans yard, off to Cadwell Park I went.
WHAT A MOTOR!!! FLAMES!!!BANGS!!! OH THE DRAMA OF THE THING. WHAT A BLAST!!!
BEST £2100 I'VE EVER SPENT
Anyway time to calm down and reality to set in.......
I now have a track bitch (that I love deeply) and not a clue about how it works or what stuff is on it.
Your help and patience will be much appreciated in my quest to learn about these wonderful motors and their most excellent parts bin.
Cheers for now
Andy
Need to see some pics of this beast Andy!

AndyTrack

Apr 19, 2022
Uttoxeter
78091fc3-d74b-4e2e-bffa-c1bf272dbf8c-jpeg.31182

Attachments

• 78091FC3-D74B-4E2E-BFFA-C1BF272DBF8C.jpeg
    78091FC3-D74B-4E2E-BFFA-C1BF272DBF8C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 178
  • B2FC6346-C855-44FB-8FDE-1281CBA3A698.jpeg
    B2FC6346-C855-44FB-8FDE-1281CBA3A698.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
Reactions: Bear

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Welcome Andy I’m glad to see another track car owner on here. What kind of cage did you have fitted? I’m looking for a cage currently for my mk2 but I didn’t realise how expensive they are these days I’m looking around the £4K mark.

AndyTrack

Apr 19, 2022
Uttoxeter
Welcome Andy I’m glad to see another track car owner on here. What kind of cage did you have fitted? I’m looking for a cage currently for my mk2 but I didn’t realise how expensive they are these days I’m looking around the £4K mark.
I had a half cage built by Nick at Coles Cages in Stafford.
Nick doesn't build a standard cage, each cage is built to the customers requirements, MSA compliant, fabricated and welded in at his workshop.
Top bloke
https://www.colesautotech.com/services/roll-cage-fabrication

AndyTrack

Apr 19, 2022
Uttoxeter
Welcome to the forum and great looking mk1 there. You may want to have a look see at the track day thread with a few great example MK1 track ready beasts - https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/attending-a-trackday.438811/unread

Also if you're near Letchworth on the 15th of May we have a forum meet happening at our forum sponsor Letchworth CUPRA if that's of any use
Thanks Jimbo,
Letchworth is a bit of trek for me, if theres anything happening in the midlands it would be of interest.
I'm off to Donnington on May 3rd for an evening session and Mallory Park on May 13th for a full day. I had a go at Cadwell a few weeks ago, first track day for over 10yrs, an incredible circuit, well worth the 2 and bit hour drive.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.