Track car: Ibiza Cupra or ASBO car from *other* manufacturer

PHILMEWAGON

Long member
Apr 4, 2013
Boro
hi!
Been a while. Always lurking never posting :)

quick: had Altea Freetrack modded with darkside, Leon FR, mk3 Leon cupra 290, Altea 1.9 TDI.
Im a SEAT man, always have been.

Change of job means that i literally cannot speed on UK roads anymore because my living is now tied to my licence, so im going to build a car to run track days instead to scratch the itch.

Obviously expecting a bit of bias here but Im stuck on a decision: im either going for an Ibiza Cupra or an ̶A̶S̶B̶O̶ ̶m̶o̶b̶i̶l̶e̶ Corsa VXR Nurburgring.
This car will be stripped, roll cage fitted then likely forged, big turbo etc.

Not looking to spend a fortune on a car with "air con! blue tooth!" etc as all that will be getting ripped out. Also seems a no brainer not to spend ridiculous money on a car that is probably going to get battered :)

The Corsa comes with recaro seats, bilstein suspension and a LSD as standard so I can get moving on other things before i start looking at seats, coilovers etc.
The Ibiza comes with a LSD and is generally 1k - 2k more expensive. Its also harder to find one with low enough mileage - i dont want to do all this then immediately blow my engine up!

I really, really dont want to end up with a corsa but looking at it in a logical way its coming up as the better choice.

so few questions:

anyone made a track ibiza care to chime in?
anything ive missed that makes the ibiza a better option?

come on people help me not be an ASBO :(

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members