Tyre repair kit?

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
Hi, I've recently purchased a 2022 cupra ateca vz2. It doesn't have a spare wheel (which I was fully aware of) but should there be a tyre repair kit? I don't even seem to have any towing eyes. Is this normal or are they missing?

Bahnstormer_vRS

Oct 28, 2021
You should have a black canvas zip up bag with ;-

Compressor
Aerosol of gunk
Key for locking wheel nut
Towing eye hook and
Tweezers for removal of the wheel nut cap.

f7d4c74d9292cb9b2b1d0a45658b4b92.jpg

0c10ff20cee0683f2e3c8ad78cc4cda0.jpg

NB> I have a spare wheel kit as well and keep the locking wheel nut key and towing eye in that.

Guy

Sent from my XQ-BQ52 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
You should have a black canvas zip up bag with ;-

Compressor
Aerosol of gunk
Key for locking wheel nut
Towing eye hook and
Tweezers for removal of the wheel nut cap.

f7d4c74d9292cb9b2b1d0a45658b4b92.jpg

0c10ff20cee0683f2e3c8ad78cc4cda0.jpg

NB> I have a spare wheel kit as well and keep the locking wheel nut key and towing eye in that.

Guy

Thanks for the quick reply, where abouts should that be?

Bahnstormer_vRS

Oct 28, 2021
^^^^ Anywhere you can find it. 😉 😉

I keep mine in the recess of the offside wheel arch. If you've not got a spare wheel kit there's no hidden place for it.

Look under the seats perhaps?

Guy

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
How did you get on with your dealer?

Guy

Sent from my Galaxy S23 Ultra using Tapatalk
Well it's not sorted yet, I think the locking wheel nut key being missing is what's causing the problem. What really bugs me is that over the last 3 days evey time I call the person I want to speak to is either busy or in a meeting (apparently) and they don't return my calls, but I guess that's just dealer's for you lol.

Reactions: Bahnstormer_vRS

Bahnstormer_vRS

Oct 28, 2021
^^^^ Yup; that's Dealers for you.

Worst case, the Workshop should have a set of Master Keys (assuming they are a SEAT / Cupra / VAG dealer) to get your existing lockers off, and they'll have to provide you with a new set.

Unless, once they identify the code for your key, they can order a key separately.

Good luck.

Guy

Sent from my Galaxy S23 Ultra using Tapatalk

Reactions: lofer

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Well it's not sorted yet, I think the locking wheel nut key being missing is what's causing the problem. What really bugs me is that over the last 3 days evey time I call the person I want to speak to is either busy or in a meeting (apparently) and they don't return my calls, but I guess that's just dealer's for you lol.
Sounds like you need a new dealer too.

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
Yes it's Marshalls Seat / Cupra Oxford, not my local branch but where I purchased the car (my local branch is peterborough). Well when I eventually got through to someone on Friday they told me they would replace the bag and the contence except the locking wheel nut key. I was a little upset with the response as we have only had the car 3 weeks and the garage is the only previous owner of the car. They said it would of been in the car when we collected it but it really wasn't, the car wasn't even particularly clean when we collected it. I asked to speak with the manager and they are now going to replace the locking wheel nut key but I've got to go to a Marshalls branch. I couldn't believe they initially said no to replacing the locking wheel nut key. I was furious.

Reactions: Bahnstormer_vRS
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members