VZ2 - Beats Audio / Space Saver spare wheel kit?

Bahnstormer_vRS

Oct 28, 2021
I'm looking at switching my 70 plate Ateca VZ1 for a less than one year old Ateca VZ2 to gain the Leather seats and beats audio, as I miss these features from my last car, a Yeti Elegance.

Snag is, I've yet to be able to get to take a look at an Ateca VZ2 and am getting conflicting information.

Several dealer descriptions mention the beats audio but say nothing about a spare wheel, whereas in our Spare Wheel topic there is mention and a photo of the beats 'woofer'(?) sitting in a space saver spare wheel (albeit in an older Ateca).

The primary reason for asking is that I already have a space saver spare wheel kit that I bought a couple of years ago with my VZ1, and want to work out whether I should transfer it over or let it go on P/X.

What are you folks able to advise?

Guy

Sent from my XQ-BQ52 using Tapatalk

KarlW300

Nov 14, 2022
Is anyone able to offer any pearls of wisdom to me, please?

Guy

Hi Bahnstormer

I cannot give an exact answer but when I bought my space saver I bought the non audio version as there was an option for the sound system if fitted to the car.
I'm sure if you have the audio you need a space saver which fits the audio inside.

I would take the space saver out and try it in your new car or sell it separately as I doubt they will value the car more for leaving it in.
The dealer will benefit as they will possibly use it as a selling point to the new customer as a physical spare wheel is very handy to have and gives you peace of mind.

Bahnstormer_vRS

Oct 28, 2021
@KarlW300

Thanks for your comments Karl but the ultimate solution for me is simple.

I got to see the car I'm buying this morning. Turns out the Beats Audio is an option on the VZ2, and it's not fitted to my car.

Therefore, no amplifier to locate in the spare wheel, and no spare wheel.

All I need therefore to do, is take my existing spare wheel and kit out of my current VZ1 and pop it into the VZ2 once I've got it.

Simples. :eek:

Guy

Reactions: KarlW300
@KarlW300

Thanks for your comments Karl but the ultimate solution for me is simple.

I got to see the car I'm buying this morning. Turns out the Beats Audio is an option on the VZ2, and it's not fitted to my car.

Therefore, no amplifier to locate in the spare wheel, and no spare wheel.

All I need therefore to do, is take my existing spare wheel and kit out of my current VZ1 and pop it into the VZ2 once I've got it.

Simples. :eek:

Guy

The amplifier goes under the passenger seat, when fitted :)

If your existing car didn't have a spare wheel from the factory then don't let it go with the P/X

Bahnstormer_vRS

Oct 28, 2021
The amplifier goes under the passenger seat, when fitted :)

If your existing car didn't have a spare wheel from the factory then don't let it go with the P/X
A quick update.

No; my car didn't, sadly, have beats audio; although whatever it has seems to give a better, nicer sound than my old one.

No spare wheel either, so I transferred my Kit over from old car to new.

Job done.

Guy

Sent from my Galaxy S23 Ultra using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members