Weird noise below the car when opening door

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
Hi, I’ve this odd question because I recently started to notice a subtle noise under the car more or less near the exhaust pipe, that happens every time I open one of the doors. It seems to happen more with the driver or passenger but sometimes even on the back ones.

I can replicate every time and all seems good. It’s a 5 seconds noise that looks like fuel pump is doing something. I just don’t get why it does it happen with the door open and every time. This is, if I open, close, open, close etc it will always do the sound without starting the engine in between.

Thanks!

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
It should only be when the driver's door is opened, or it is on mine anyway; the fuel tank pump operates for a few seconds to pressurise the system before you start the car.

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
It should only be when the driver's door is opened, or it is on mine anyway; the fuel tank pump operates for a few seconds to pressurise the system before you start the car.
On mine it does every time with the drivers or passenger side. On the back only sometimes. Can you confirm with yours? What I don’t get is why it does it even though it has be done like 5 seconds before.