What is it with Vauxhall

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Pretty much every Astra/Vectra is looking for a race. I drive very relaxed but i counted 5 Vauxhalls today (mainly sales reps i guess) revving their motors like tossers at lights/islands even on a slip road onto the M54. Worst of all a bloke who must of been 80 tailgating me in his Astra then trying to overtake coming off the motorway, left him for dead at the island but WTF an 80 year old man:-o

Oh Vauxhall, F*!K OFF!!!!!!!! :cry:

p.s. On a lighter note i brought some Meguirs (spellcheck) Wet Tyre spray last weekend from Halfords, and even after the rain this week they still look fantastic

Greytop

Leon FR-TDI 170
Sep 19, 2006
Reading, Berkshire
Moley,

Its because the Leon FR acts like a magnet, it's such a stunning looking car and I'm afraid lesser 4 wheeled delights such as Vauxhall etc etc have to try and get 'one up' on it..........I think that is the mind set :lol:

&.

They think there something their... NOT. I get that all the time, especially corsa's. Im no speed demon, I like to cruise and take it easy, however they are determined to get past no matter what the cost!!

Pointless, waste of time and they look like :censored: :censored:holes!

Not all Vauxhall drivers are like that, I know, but you do know what I mean?

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
I find that anybody that drives a vauxhall astra drives like their in a race, i dont know why. Maybe they are trying to make up for the fact that they are driving one!

Xe

I get vauxhall astra's, BMW's and all sorts, even the occasional white van tying it on lol. Lots of fun :p

rob2005

Jan 11, 2007
best thing about seat leons is people dont know what they are tailgating as they have very little distinguishing marks - ie nothing on the boot which says the engine size!

U can then make them look very silly when u put ur foot down.

-JAMI3-

Im :censored: guilty..... I used to be a proud owner of a Vauxhall Nova GSi :happy:

blacknovagsiew2.jpg

Paul357

I find that anybody that drives a vauxhall astra drives like their in a race, i dont know why. Maybe they are trying to make up for the fact that they are driving one!

Really?! Let's say they are enjoying it. It’s like the Leon2 drivers hurrying to escape from the cheap plastic thing usually named “interior”.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I used to have a SR with a ported and polished engine, and a twin choke weber carb strapped to it, custom built by Dave Brookes engines. Went well and sounded very rally weapon. But that's when they were still fairly new back in 1992.

We all have to learn sometime :)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
I used to have a SR with a ported and polished engine, and a twin choke weber carb strapped to it, custom built by Dave Brookes engines. Went well and sounded very rally weapon. But that's when they were still fairly new back in 1992.

We all have to learn sometime :)

fcuk me Z... showing your age a bit hey! ;) :whistle:

(and yes i had a nova gte! :redface: )

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
why didnt you floor it and cover them in stones thats what i do when i get pricks tailgating they soon back off thats when they catch up at the lights:D

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
fcuk me Z... showing your age a bit hey! ;) :whistle:

(and yes i had a nova gte! :redface: )

Bought it brand new on an H plate, one with the colour coded interior. :cartman: Thats how old I am.

Its what got me into modding my cars, first one I modded. But that said i've always preferred the go faster mods rather than making it look like its going faster mods. :)

MartH

Jul 18, 2006
Cullompton, Devon
Not that im old but i had an A plate SR with twin 40's, janspeed mainfold and sebring exhaust. Fitted 14 and everyone thought they were massive......oh and it was red

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Bought it brand new on an H plate, one with the colour coded interior. :cartman: Thats how old I am.

Its what got me into modding my cars, first one I modded. But that said i've always preferred the go faster mods rather than making it look like its going faster mods. :)

how much was it brand new out of interest?! :shrug:

the old SR must have been a VERY "nippy" hatch back for back in its day! :yes: but then again, so was the GTE ;)

Rokerlad

Sep 25, 2004
East of Eden
Every Vauxhall these days seems to be badaged as an SXI or SRI , even 1.2 Corsas. The Vectra's with the twin exit exhausts are always driven by agressive tossers.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.