Wheel nut caps

Rog.

...is unwell
Jul 19, 2006
Location Location
I've lost count of how many I've lost now, eight or nine I think. I emailed SEAT UK, they phoned me back, and they're going to get the dealership to order some replacements for collection. The car's done less than 600 miles, not even two weeks old.
I think it might have something to do with getting water in them? Slightly worried I'm going to take some innocent pedestrian's shins out (or worse, a child's face) as they fire off the car in all directions.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
I've lost count of how many I've lost now, eight or nine I think. I emailed SEAT UK, they phoned me back, and they're going to get the dealership to order some replacements for collection. The car's done less than 600 miles, not even two weeks old.
I think it might have something to do with getting water in them? Slightly worried I'm going to take some innocent pedestrian's shins out (or worse, a child's face) as they fire off the car in all directions.

They weigh about 1 gram and have quite a big surface area....they would need to be travelling at the speed of light to do any damage.

Clazzer

Mar 17, 2014
Stoke on Trent
Yeah, I picked up the wife's FR and all but six were missing. They ordered a full set of replacements as they told me that they were aware that there was a design issue with them. I use a different dealership for my motor and they also confirmed they knew about the issue. As a result of this they took nearly four weeks to arrive, both dealerships had hundreds on back order. New ones fitted really tightly, even had to knock on hen on the last few mm with a plastic podger!

wheelwright

Nov 28, 2002
Birmingham
Visit site
Yeah, I picked up the wife's FR and all but six were missing. They ordered a full set of replacements as they told me that they were aware that there was a design issue with them. I use a different dealership for my motor and they also confirmed they knew about the issue. As a result of this they took nearly four weeks to arrive, both dealerships had hundreds on back order. New ones fitted really tightly, even had to knock on hen on the last few mm with a plastic podger!

Sounds like it keep be a right mission to get em back off!! :)

firstleonowner

Feb 26, 2016
My leon FR, 16 plate has done 400 miles and lost 3 already.
emailed the supplying dealer yesterday so witing for a response

firstleonowner

Feb 26, 2016
Dealer was great, I had a complete set of caps within 2 days of sending an email to the dealer (the salesman who sold me the car a couple of weeks before).

They fit much tighter than the originals

gshaw

Jun 14, 2014
Essex
My mate spotted I've lost a load of mine as well. This is where ordering through DriveTheDeal comes back to bite a little as the supplying dealer show very little interest in helping with the car now it's been supplied.

Don't know how one of the local ones will react...

firstleonowner

Feb 26, 2016
Never lost any and the roads here are well rough and potholed, and I don't hang about either.

Is it maybe just the FRs that are losing them or just the newer cars (not sure what age yours is), my dealer must have agreed there is an issue to replace them with a full set without even seeing the car

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire

What email address did you send to please. I've lost most of the caps off my cupra but it's lease, the supplying dealer over 200 miles away.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
My mate spotted I've lost a load of mine as well. This is where ordering through DriveTheDeal comes back to bite a little as the supplying dealer show very little interest in helping with the car now it's been supplied.

Don't know how one of the local ones will react...

I ordered through DTD, lost 8 caps and dealer in Kent who supplied the car sent a whole new set to me within 2 weeks.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.