Which Altea?

davetherave

Bow chicka wowwow
Mar 29, 2006
West Yorks
Hi all

Looking to swap my Leon for an Altea as I need more room as me and the Mrs are expecting twins!!! :)

Been looking at a 2.0 TDi Sport - its up at £10,500 on an 06 with 16k on clock, looked around but alot now are Reference or Stylance Sport but ideally want just the Sport model with 140 bhp.

Does this price seem reasonable? Also do all Atea's have the false floor in the boot, heard some dont?

Anything I need to look out for on the car s I'm viewing/testing on Friday?

Cheers

xlray

Jun 6, 2007
Hi davetherave

Congratulations on the twins. Casting my mind back to when my two were growing up the XL would have suited me fine. The extra 18cm does not seem a lot but it does make a lot of difference.

I have the 2.0L DSG stylance which I am very pleased with. It drives very well when fully loaded. I have the standard wheels and suspension on mine which well suits the dodgy roads in Kent.

Slightly more outlay however, but I think worth a test drive. From <12K on the Seat UK search.

xlray

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Congrats on the Twins :clap:

I'd say the sport sounds a good buy at £10.5k
I looked for ages and picked up a 55plate Tdi sport for 9.4k with 25k on the clock so with yours being nearly a year newer and with about 10k less miles it sounds good! :)

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Oh Yeah! check the carpets for water! and really push hard,mine felt dry until i leant in with my elbows to fit a cd changer and the passenger side was wet :cry:
(looks like it was the windscreen! which you can look out for too,it goes white at the bottom due to water ingress!) :(

Watto_uk

Mar 16, 2008
Hi all

Looking to swap my Leon for an Altea as I need more room as me and the Mrs are expecting twins!!! :)

Been looking at a 2.0 TDi Sport - its up at £10,500 on an 06 with 16k on clock, looked around but alot now are Reference or Stylance Sport but ideally want just the Sport model with 140 bhp.

Does this price seem reasonable? Also do all Atea's have the false floor in the boot, heard some dont?

Anything I need to look out for on the car s I'm viewing/testing on Friday?

Cheers

They all have the false floor, but it depends on what's under it. There are 3 options on older models. 1. No spare. You get a compressor and tyre repair kit. 2. Space saver spare wheel. Takes up the same space as the compressor. 3. Full size spare. You lose most of the space below. (which is what I had in my 05 Altea.)

jtmac

They don't all have the false floor. plus it's not cheap to buy as spare bits. there are four bits: the floor; the left and right rails and the divider that also stiffens it a bit. The partcodes are somewhere on a old thread in here.

the false floor seems to be a bit of a marmite thing - Some people love it (like me) and some people see it as stealing from the big boot.

davetherave

Bow chicka wowwow
Mar 29, 2006
West Yorks
Got the Altea I mentioned. Had it delivered on Weds. Got it from of all places a Vauxhall dealer in Melton Mowbray but there service was absolute horse dung!

Anyway managed to do a deal and had them do a 20k service and put 2 new tyres on rears (save me some money as it has 17" on!) and paid beat him down on the price too + they delivered it on transporter. Great :D

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
You'll be well happy with it I'm sure. Far better drive than the old Lean you had, and a few more toys aswell.

Have you checked if it needs the flywheel recall doing?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.