Which changes are needed for the 20" GMP Rebel Luci di Portofino rims?

Felix941

Jul 13, 2023
Germany
Hello!
First post from a german Cupra owner thats very new in the car world.

I found the 20" rims GMP Rebel Luci di Portofino online and it says they are compatible but "Bodywork modifications necessary" and if its only doing work on the plastic inside the wheel covers thats fine but I don't wanna make the fender wider.

If anybody has experience and can help me out it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Felix

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
Just for my curiosity, I know the maximum size for Leon is 19" but is it legal in Germany to go above that? Looks like it's a "TÜV sagt nein" thing to me :D

Looking online at the wheels, they seem to be 8.5J which are slightly wider than what's currently supported by car. Also, it looks like its offset is 45 which means that it will probably stick out. This usually means the fender liner needs to be adjusted and the fenders to be widened (usually with a fender roller) to cover the extra width of the new rims.

Probably someone more qualified can answer but this is just are just my thoughts.

Felix941

Jul 13, 2023
Germany
Just for my curiosity, I know the maximum size for Leon is 19" but is it legal in Germany to go above that? Looks like it's a "TÜV sagt nein" thing to me :D

Looking online at the wheels, they seem to be 8.5J which are slightly wider than what's currently supported by car. Also, it looks like its offset is 45 which means that it will probably stick out. This usually means the fender liner needs to be adjusted and the fenders to be widened (usually with a fender roller) to cover the extra width of the new rims.

Probably someone more qualified can answer but this is just are just my thoughts.
Well it is legal if you modify it as to the german regulations :D You just need to drive to the TÜV to let the check it out and say "OK its compliant to our regulation"
For me it was more a question if I had to widen the fenders, and if so Im not doing it^^ But yes you can totally do it legally as long as you get it "written" in your "what have I changed book" by TÜV^^

Reactions: adrianator

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
Well it is legal if you modify it as to the german regulations :D You just need to drive to the TÜV to let the check it out and say "OK its compliant to our regulation"
For me it was more a question if I had to widen the fenders, and if so Im not doing it^^ But yes you can totally do it legally as long as you get it "written" in your "what have I changed book" by TÜV^^
Check this out:

Enter your current sizes and then the ones from your new set. It should give you a few more details

Reactions: mty12345
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.