Winter's Candy White mk4 FR Build

What upgrade first?

• Total voters

Winter

Hi guys just joined today so thought I would start up a thread to encourage my build.

Owned this car since I was 17, so its been a while, Bought it from seat newcastle on an 08 plate, It came with these funky vinyls on the side and bonnet (the hood ones where ****) so about 3 months after purchasing the car I decided to get it re-mapped, it ran 173 bhp on the dyno which was pretty good and sits at 65mpg on the road when driven sensibly (not very often) About 6 months after purchase I bought my self a set of FK coilovers from a mate who said they were to stotty, funnily enough he was telling the truth and after 3 weeks I had them removed, once I finished my a levels I stopped dreaming of things to do with the car and spent all my money on booze, birds and holidays, anyway Its come to my attention that I need a bigger car so the other day we went looking at disco 3's and navara's etc. but just cant face selling my little white car, so I've decided to spice it up a bit and put the ideas that have been floating around in my head for so long into action.

I've never been a fan of the front bumper on the FR's and always thought that it let the car down, I've had some idea's about a bumper conversion but I will let slip at a later date.

So far the check list is:

Shocks and springs - 50mm
Anti roll bars
Brake upgrade all-round
Carbon vinyls - roof, diffuser, some internals and engine bay
Improved breathing
Sick rims with stretch and spacers (stance)
Front bumper conversion
Cupra spoiler
De-cat
Fog light tints
HID's or brighter lighting
FMIC (if the price is right)
Recaro pole positions/Front seat upgrade (if I sell my Kidney)

I will get some Photos up later today hopefully, anyone who has some ideas or knowledge of items on this list advice is more than welcome and if anyone has any bits for sale that come into the equation don't hesitate to offer them up

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
May 7, 2011
North East, UK
Well the same goes for me and i work full time ... took me a year to get to where i am and there is still a bit of work to do:
Coilovers
Vinyl Wrap
Side Intercoolers
Aero Front Bumper
Splitter
Spoiler
plus a few others

Winter

HI guys, got a quick question,

In lower 3 gears at around 1600 rpm the car has a bit off a judder?

My thoughts are to the remap and a poor fueling issue, I've had it into the garage and they have no response!

Any ideas peeps?

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
HI guys, got a quick question,

In lower 3 gears at around 1600 rpm the car has a bit off a judder?

My thoughts are to the remap and a poor fueling issue, I've had it into the garage and they have no response!

Any ideas peeps?

i have that too sometimes...SEAT have driven it, tested it and still say it's possibly to do with fuelling or the EGR valve when the accelerator is pressed very lightly...it can also happen round 2k revs as well...

i've just learned to apply a little more gas ;)

Winter

i have that too sometimes...SEAT have driven it, tested it and still say it's possibly to do with fuelling or the EGR valve when the accelerator is pressed very lightly...it can also happen round 2k revs as well...

i've just learned to apply a little more gas ;)

Cheers, I've always been told its the flywheel or fueling so your spot on IMO

I've also got a loud sucking noise when accelerating, I'm guessing its a split boost pipe as its pretty load and the car has been shocking on fuel recently

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise