Wipers only Work when when moving

btmbelfast

I was having an issue with my car alarm going off randomly, causing my battery to drain, after replacing the battery I left it in with an auto-spark, he give me it back and told me it was fixed, 15 mins after getting it home the hazzard lights were flashing but the car was making no noise, turns out he had just disconnected the siren. I took the car back to him and he had it another few hours, and returned it again "fixed" but now my front wipers only work when I'm moving, if I am stationary my front wipers do nothing, whether I'm stationary or moving my front window washers don't work at all. My rear wipers and washers are working 100%.
The Auo-spark has basically washed his hands of this and said he has done everything he can. My hazzard lights still occasionally start flashing randomly when my car is locked.

Anyone any ideas on what could be causing the wiper issues first of all?

Car is a 2007 Seat Altea XL Stylance 1,9 TDI.

Last edited by a moderator:

stankobg

Feels like someones has been tampering incorectly with the electronics, also could be a relay that has gone faulty, since the wipers have a setting which when turned to working nonstop, when the car is stopped they turn a level down, and move into interval wiping. Probably the relay or the electronics taking care of that have gone wrong. Still sounds like you need an adept alarm technician. :)