Wipers Struggling to work

Darkmatter21

Hi

I am new to this so please excuse any errors. My wipers on my Altea have suddenly started to struggle to work, No matter what speed they are on they will work for about two or three sweeps then stop.
Has anyone else experienced this? If so what is the solution. I have looked around the internet and not much info.
Also does anyone know if there is a “Haynes Manual” for the Altea

martin89

Apr 7, 2014
gateshead
I remember my m8s old audi a4 had a similar problem we had to take the whole mechanism out and strip it all down. if i remember correctly theres 2 shafts were the wiper arms bolt on to which get water and muck inside and over time jam them. We got some spray grease and sprayed all the joints.worked a treat... hope this helps

Last edited:

Darkmatter21

Thanks Martin

I am now downloading a manual and I will take the wipers out at the weekend. Will let you know how it goes.

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
The wipers work on two separate motors controlled as master and slave from signals sent depending on the stalk etc. Each wiper has a linkage from their motor and it seems unlikely that a linkage issue would cause both wipers to stop working - suspect it is a signal issue rather than mechanical. Happy hunting - wipers are easy to get to once the top part of th efirewall in the engine bay is removed.