Wiring Help

blackdream

Mar 11, 2008
Started to wiring my new Hawk alarm, looking for a good 12v source apart from igniton switch and direct battery (both very easily to be identified) . I found two big red wires that go to top righe side of fuse box under dash and seems to came directly from the engine bay. Anyone know if they actually have any function? I mean, i disconnected both and everything in the car still works, car starts, radio,lights, fans ecc everything seems to work. Maybe they're just for cars with tools that I don't have and so I can use one of them for the alarm. Anyone has a wiring diagram to check this?
thanks

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
If its the same kit I bought and you asked about then wiring is pretty simple. I asked them to provide a wiring diagram which helped massively.

Take the bottom section of the plastic around the steering column off, also remove the glovebox bit and the tray that runs underneath for more access.

You will see a heavy duty red and black cable running seperately up to the ignition switch. The red is a permanent 12v+ and the black is the ignition switch. I spliced the relevant wires from the Hawk loom into these.

Wires for the indicators can be accessed from here aswell, those are pretty much straight-forward. I can double check them when I get home from work for you as I cant remember which one is what.

The wires for the locking system that go into the drivers door are blue/red and green/red, I used scotch-locks to splice into these to save cutting wires etc.

I wired the system up slightly different than in the instruction guide to save cutting the standard loom wiring for the central locking and to leave the ability of using the lock in the door handle just incase of any issues with the Hawk system.

blackdream

Mar 11, 2008
ok guys found a new 12v source in the fuse box so no problem. Anyway I need help wiring the central locking. I found that I don't have the stock central locking with air pump but an aftermarket one. I've a module named GT64 that is wired in this way:

12v power fused from the battery
Ground

2 wires (red and blue) from each rear door

5 wires from each front door:

RED: it shows continuity with ground but shows +12v power when i close the doors
VIOLET: it shows +12v all the time when the centra locking is open. 0v when closed
BROWN: it shows +12v all the time when the central locking is closed. 0v when opened
BLUE: it shows continuity with ground
BLACK: it shows continuity with ground

If i jump wire violet with red the doors get closed.

This is the wiring diagram for my Hawk alaram

http://www.hawkcaralarm.com/Downloa...VdLIEhBLTI4MCBQUk8gSU5TVEFMTCBNQU5VQUwg0.aspx

diagrams on page 13 to 16.
Six wires to wire

Yellow
White
Orange

and

Yellow/black
Orange/black
White/black

help

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.