Yellow fogs?

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
If you want a cheap and easy way of matching your fogs to the LED Headlights then what could be easier than replacing the bulbs with MTEC H8 35w SUPER WHITE HID XENON CLASS UPGRADE BULBS. Item No 271133011931 on the bay.

Second purchase for me with one pair going in the BMW angel eyes and these now for the SEAT fogs.

Pricing is £11.99.

Lights are notoriously difficult to photograph but here we are anyway

Before

1mZR9Qh.jpg

After

CJULeCz.jpg

Instructions for lamp removal are in the manual.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
I never use my fogs at all so plan on fitting mine with some 100w ice blue ones to make a pioint to idiots coming the other way with sidelights and fogs on all the time.......

Edit: Out of interest do these cast much light?

Last edited:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
I was just thinking of changing these the other day but then considered I never ever use my fogs so not worth the bother. Looks good though. :)

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Yellow light tends to cut through fog better so I'm keeping mine stock.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Yes I have also heard that yellow light cuts through fog better. However, to have the fog lights on you have to have the dipped headlights on and guess what they are bright white!

Reminds me of when French cars had yellow headlight covers and tourists had to buy yellow bulbs.

Last edited:

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Yes I have also heard that yellow light cuts through fog better. However, to have the fog lights on you have to have the dipped headlights on and guess what they are bright white!

The dipped are white so having the fogs white as well won't help cut through the fog, it doesn't matter what colour the dipped beam are.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members