2023 Ateca headlights - poor?

Tell

Staff member
Have a 2023 Ateca VZ2 - at night the headlights aren't anything special, is this a known thing? Were Ateca affected when there was a chip shortage a while back?
Perhaps yours are incorrectly set. Mine are fine albeit the original 2017 launch model of the standard Ateca. The automatic dip works fine and the beam of light on dip is fine.

I noticed some murmuring about the shutters.... I reckon this is the self levelling thing then you first start up and the lights take up position. Perhaps yours don't pass this test or need adjusting up.

The light test equipment would determine that. Thread on DIY on the Formentor here but I'd get Vag to check it and do it:

Reactions: CosmicBlue

CosmicBlue

Enjoying retirement
Nov 25, 2023
Warwick, UK
Thanks Tell - Shutters, that was bi-xenon technology....had a couple of Saab 9-5 Aeros with those - you could hear the clunk as the servo motors in each headlight.

Tell

Staff member
I can't say I've never looked into the process it uses to go from dipped to main beam but certainly does the self levelling when you switch the lights on. That thread says adjust the hex screws to lift up the lights.

Pages from the Ateca maintenance manual with the celebrated hex mentioned. Erwin material. You are suppose to use the Vag equipment. Probably Heath Robison methods on the board elsewhere. Marked areas on garage walls etc, rings a bell. You would get done at an MOT if it was too high ... Probably. As said mine are fine so suspect yours have been adjusted too low.

The auto dip works fine except on main beam it may dazzle some vehicles till it sees the lights via the lane assist camera with imaging. Those at right angles at junctions get full dazzling. Don't drive much in the dark these days :unsure:. Set and forget.... although we aren't suppose to forget in the fog so we dont.

Pages:
Screenshot_20240201-182925.png
Screenshot_20240201-182950.png
Screenshot_20240201-183057.png
Screenshot_20240201-183145.png
Screenshot_20240201-183215.png
Screenshot_20240201-183258.png

The clue to up and down is here

The watch word is what Deano said on the Formentor side, adjust after self levelling. 1/2 turn was mentioned elsewhere and MOT sites are useless if they adjust it....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise