Formentor self leveling LED Headlight

Loop50

Feb 17, 2022
Hello All - i have had my Formentor for 7 months now and have an issue with the dipped beam being what i believe to be too low. I live out in the sticks so there is no / few street lights. I know the H/lights are self leveling etc but need to adjust them to be slightly higher for the resting / Dipped position (starting position). Does anyone know the process please - Suppling retailer wants a booking - 1 round trip so want to resolve myself - Thanks in advance,

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
You need the headlights setting to ON - not just auto.
And the engine must be running.

Look on top of the headlight - there are two adjusters
one is right at the back - black hex socket
one can be seen through a hole in the bodywork - white hex socket

not sure which one is up/down and which is left/right
but those are the manual adjusters.

Once manually adjusted - the auto levelling will return to that position each time.

Loop50

Feb 17, 2022
You need the headlights setting to ON - not just auto.
And the engine must be running.

Look on top of the headlight - there are two adjusters
one is right at the back - black hex socket
one can be seen through a hole in the bodywork - white hex socket

not sure which one is up/down and which is left/right
but those are the manual adjusters.

Once manually adjusted - the auto levelling will return to that position each time.
Thanks DENO - i will give it ago and update this advising which adjuster does what for future ref.

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
Any luck?

I have the same issue. My headlights are far too low.

My only concern is that I know VAG cars have needed the position reset as part of VCDS for a long time now. It's not just a simple case of adjusting them with.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Any luck?

I have the same issue. My headlights are far too low.

My only concern is that I know VAG cars have needed the position reset as part of VCDS for a long time now. It's not just a simple case of adjusting them with.
Not true.
If you swap headlights - I believe there is some coding to re-align the headlights.

But the headlights can be manually tweeked ( as per above method ) after they have completed their self levelling process.

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
Not true.
If you swap headlights - I believe there is some coding to re-align the headlights.

But the headlights can be manually tweeked ( as per above method ) after they have completed their self levelling process.
It's not how my last few VAG cars have worked. Yes, they can be manually tweaked. But you needed to adapt with VCDS as part of the manual tweaking process.

Loop50

Feb 17, 2022
Manual adjustment Saturday as described by DEANO. Initial drive saw low beam improvement although I was in mainly towns with some lighting. Will report back in a week.
Thanks for all your input.

Reactions: MrP

Loop50

Feb 17, 2022
Morning all - sorry for slow update. Headlights are much improved on dip beam after manual adjustment. I followed the process that DEANO described and then adjusted the hex screw located on the top of the head light. Cheers

Reactions: DEAN0
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.