Danny20vt's Leon Sport 1.8T...The End...It's going.

danny20vt

going back to basics
Well we all have to start somewhere and here's mine.
cleethorpes015.jpg

please excuse the sunshades, the missus thinks there 'nice', i'd prefer tints!
cleethorpes014.jpg

cleethorpes013.jpg

cleethorpes016.jpg

As you can see, pretty much standard at the moment apart from the Green Dynatwist air filter and a Forge 007p diverter valve.
On its way is a DV coldside kit which should be on soon and a few ideas for the not too distant future include a boost gauge, an engine bay clean up including the engine cover, i didn't realise how dirty it was! and also either a front end or full respray as there is loads of small stone chips and pitting on the bonnet and front wings anyway more pics of mods and clean ups will be added as i go along.
all in all even with a mileage of 136,000 at purchase and the front paintwork issue, i'm still convinced it was a bargain as its still giving me more smiles than miles per gallon!:D

Anyway, thanks for taking a look and i hope to be posting more pics soon!:thumbup:

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

you have HID's as well?

nice to see another pre facelift :D

jamiebennett81

yes, i have hid's aswell i forgot to mention them :blink: they were already on the car when i bought it, can you see how neatly installed the ballasts are? nice cable tie's :cartman: something else on the 'to do' list!

yeah really tidy....:blink:

as an example here is a pic of mine installed

HIDs007.jpg

danny20vt

going back to basics
just a tiny minor mod today! the wife sent me to the chippy for dinner but i accidently fell into Halfords and i fell back out about £50 lighter:cartman:
first up was a bit of decent oil but i won't put a pic of that up as everyone knows what that looks like!!
i also got a couple of sets of silvatec indicator bulbs, i think they make a difference to the "tidyness" of the car, the fronts were also done but i couldn't get a good pic because of the reflection.
before.

050909170301.jpg

after.

050909171450.jpg

also there was a brake/tail light bulb, the first thing that has physically broken and had to be replaced on the car in 4 months of ownership!:thumbup: touch wood!!!

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
i thought they were worth the "YOU SPENT HOW MUCH ON F:censored:ING BULBS"
:cartman:

:clap:
i was just thinking of a good "need them as a back up" story as you wrote that..

but yep its definatly worth some marital sulking and a years worth of reminding everytime shes spends a full tank of v power on her hair and you dare mention its a bit steep.

any other plans for the car?

danny20vt

going back to basics
yeah, i've got the DV coldside kit coming soon, i bought it off jamiebennet81 (above)
i'm just waiting for that to arrive and then i'll get it fitted, i'm not a mechanically minded person but the Leon seems easy to work on or maybe it's just the tons of useful info on this site?
a boost gauge will be here in maybe a month or two but due to 2 kids and a beautiful (nagging) wife, it will be a slow but sure process, i was considering a remap but due to the car having nearly 140,000 miles on the clock, i might wait until the turbo has been replaced, mmmm hybrid!! never thought of that!!:D

jamiebennett81

yeah, i've got the DV coldside kit coming soon, i bought it off jamiebennet81 (above)
i'm just waiting for that to arrive and then i'll get it fitted, i'm not a mechanically minded person but the Leon seems easy to work on or maybe it's just the tons of useful info on this site?
a boost gauge will be here in maybe a month or two but due to 2 kids and a beautiful (nagging) wife, it will be a slow but sure process, i was considering a remap but due to the car having nearly 140,000 miles on the clock, i might wait until the turbo has been replaced, mmmm hybrid!! never thought of that!!:D

talking of that, just boxed it up and will post to you on Monday chief, so should be with you by Wednesday at the latest as it will go via courier

and also, sell the wife and kids...an FMIC makes much more sense....chicks dig it:D

danny20vt

going back to basics
talking of that, just boxed it up and will post to you on Monday chief, so should be with you by Wednesday at the latest as it will go via courier

brilliant! i'm taking my oldest boy to a birthday party on saturday, he can run riot whilst i'm outside fitting it...
...mind you, he'll probably be outside with me!! at 2 years old he knew what a skyline gtr was!!

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
theres some really clever people on this site and they are willing to help.... which just encourages the rest of us!
a rear ARB will help balance the car in corners and makes a big difference for the money. definatly worth looking into that

jamiebennett81

theres some really clever people on this site and they are willing to help.... which just encourages the rest of us!
a rear ARB will help balance the car in corners and makes a big difference for the money. definatly worth looking into that

awwww thanks mate:D

now all you need is a set of KW1 coilovers, neuspeed front and rear arbs....FMIC and a hybrid k03s

danny20vt

going back to basics
well, heres the DV coldside kit on (thank you jamiebennett81)

phonepics012.jpg

phonepics015.jpg

phonepics013.jpg

phonepics014.jpg

and the first thing i can report is that it was and absolute b:censored:d to fit! not the kits fault though it was a jubilee clip on the bottom of the IC hose, it was facing the front of the car, the instructions say you need a couple of screwdrivers and a craftknife to fit it, i also used a hammer, a chisel, a bendy screwdriver, a stubby screwdriver, a stanly knife and a socket set! after about 1.5 hours of general obscenities, the next step was bumper off, headlight out and then the energy saving lightbulb above my head finally got that bit brighter, i opened up a jubilee clip and used the edge of that! bingo! off it came, after that it was plain sailing all the way:funk:
From what i was told the DV would be louder, i don't think it is but it sounds slightly different and best of all, the turbo has a louder whistle[B)] and i don't know if its me looking for things but i have also noticed the car seems more eager to go and i seem to have lost a flat spot i had between 2400-2600rpm, it just seems that little bit quicker:confused:

also, you can see the vacuum hose is across the top of the engine, i wasn't sure where to connect it so i put it on the old DV vacuum hose, can anyone tell me if i'm right from the pic below?

040709165320-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.