Allards PD150 Intercooler Pipework Fitting...

Sly-Delvecchio

Leet Nerd.
Apr 11, 2009
West Midlands
www.conceptex.co.uk
Hmmmmmmm

With my kit I could pick how forward/backward I wanted my pancake because I cut some of the hoses myself, not sure if it will help you that much though.

If you like, I can take a photo of the Pancake & how it sits when I get time, probably tomorrow?
Might help you make a more informed decision. Lemme know.

Sly-Delvecchio

Leet Nerd.
Apr 11, 2009
West Midlands
www.conceptex.co.uk
Haven't had chance yet... tried to get a pic without getting in on the jack but ending up breaking some mounts for a plastic cover - which now vibrates at 1,500 rpm lol!

I'll have another go (well, I'll get an employee to) today.

Don't fancy going under my car in a suit!

triggby

Apr 25, 2008
Yeh it does seem to hold boost better now, and im not suprised after seeing the amount of swelling that goes on with the full SFS kit.

Sounds good indeed, wait until you get the pancake pipe on and wind your window down under boost - its such a weird but wonderful noise.

The only concern I have is how close the Pancake pipe is to the driveshaft and ARB.

DSCF1680-1.jpg

I have about 3/4 of an inch from the SFS turbo hose touching the driveshaft and a small gap between the pancake and the ARB.

I don't know if the driveshaft will be touching the SFS pipe when im driving on uneven roads......??

Now that I have had a good look under my car I understand how all this should fit together. Does the Allards pancake pipe fix to the same bolt the original pnacake attaches to?? Also, is it owrth asking allards to later the length or any other dimensions of the pancake pipe to make it fit better i.e not so near the ARB or the drive shaft? the original parts are nowhere near touchign anythign they shouldn't so hopefully the allards stuff can be made the same!

triggby

Apr 25, 2008
from having a quick look over old posts, it seems the allards pancake pipe doesn't attach to the same place as the original pipe. I'm hoping a simple bracket coudl be made to solve this?!?!?! Are the Pipes steel or alloy?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Pictures above are exactly the reason why I went completely different route and had a custom turbo outlet pipe made away from the driveshaft.

LeeC

Is there any kit out there worth buying? I got the original SFS kit and it was a complete waste of time i chopped it up and used the original plastic part in front of the block. If there is has any one pictures of a working setup that doesn't rub or have to be bodged to fit. Custom is ok for reference if any1 could

LeeC

My SFS pipes work fine, they don't rub and I didn't bodge them.

t4Hhi.jpg

It appears your fuel lines are rubbing on the top metal section and jubilee and water hoses. Also maby the oil filter cap but its a bad angle? You have alot of silicone in that setup, Albeit less than the stuff they sent me which was whole silicone. If they have not modified the hose into the egr that will also be rubbing on the brake fluid cap and very tight between the cam cover causing slight vibration noise.
The stuff i got for my 250(ish) hard earned was a waste of space and would never recommend it to anyone.

triggby

Apr 25, 2008
The metal pipes came with the SFS kit. They revised the kit based on customer feedback you see, I bought mine just as they introduced the metal pipes.

MAF sensor plugs nicely into the vertical alloy pipe going down by the radiator fan.

Am i right in thinkign that youi have the FR tdi? Reason for askign is that I spoke to SFS yesterday and they said that their kit migth not fit on my car (fr tdi) due to the oil filter beign taller on the FR. From lookign at your pics it seems that the kit routs around the oil filter so shouldn't be a problem. Does the kit include everything you need to replace ALL of your boost pipes??? Do you mind telling me how much it cost as I've had a price from allards for their kit but that doesn't include quite a few of the necessary hoses!!!

Sly-Delvecchio

Leet Nerd.
Apr 11, 2009
West Midlands
www.conceptex.co.uk
It appears your fuel lines are rubbing on the top metal section and jubilee and water hoses. Also maby the oil filter cap but its a bad angle? You have alot of silicone in that setup, Albeit less than the stuff they sent me which was whole silicone. If they have not modified the hose into the egr that will also be rubbing on the brake fluid cap and very tight between the cam cover causing slight vibration noise.
The stuff i got for my 250(ish) hard earned was a waste of space and would never recommend it to anyone.

Fuel lines rubbing - no. I've attached them to the pipe itself.
Water hoses are sitting loosly.
Jubliee of pipe is resting against oil filter cap.
Maybe they've modified the EGR pipe because it was pretty easy to get in.
The most difficult part was getting the pipes past the radiator fans and back to the IC.

No signs of rubbing (yet) apart from heat marks on the underside of the bonnet (foam stuff). I check every week.

Am i right in thinkign that youi have the FR tdi? Reason for askign is that I spoke to SFS yesterday and they said that their kit migth not fit on my car (fr tdi) due to the oil filter beign taller on the FR. From lookign at your pics it seems that the kit routs around the oil filter so shouldn't be a problem. Does the kit include everything you need to replace ALL of your boost pipes??? Do you mind telling me how much it cost as I've had a price from allards for their kit but that doesn't include quite a few of the necessary hoses!!!

No I have the Cupra TDi - 04.
I chose to go around the oil filter for obvious reasons. I wasn't happy with the placement if it were on top of the filter - and would have definately caused rubbing as per LeeC's concerns.

I bought the entire kit in 2 stages.
The first lot was the Turbo outlet -> Pancake -> Intercooler, including the pancake. That was £180.
The second lot was the IC to EGR (all of what you can see in the engine bay). That was £230.

I think...

Oh and yeah - the kits included everything. Well, everything apart from rubber 'O' rings for the metal valves which connect to the SEAT valves (i.e. on the IC)... but I just took these off the existing pipes.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Fuel lines rubbing - no. I've attached them to the pipe itself.
Water hoses are sitting loosly.
Jubliee of pipe is resting against oil filter cap.
Maybe they've modified the EGR pipe because it was pretty easy to get in.
The most difficult part was getting the pipes past the radiator fans and back to the IC.

No signs of rubbing (yet) apart from heat marks on the underside of the bonnet (foam stuff). I check every week.
This is because I gave them A LOT of feedback when these pipes were initially created. Seems like you got the lastest version. However they still didnt do what I wanted with the length of the alloy pipes to minimize the amount of silicone. Also they didnt reinforce the silicone with wiring like I wanted either.

This is why I went completely custom.

Sly-Delvecchio

Leet Nerd.
Apr 11, 2009
West Midlands
www.conceptex.co.uk
This is because I gave them A LOT of feedback when these pipes were initially created. Seems like you got the lastest version. However they still didnt do what I wanted with the length of the alloy pipes to minimize the amount of silicone. Also they didnt reinforce the silicone with wiring like I wanted either.

This is why I went completely custom.

Well, in any case, thanks Jonjay!
Normally I find I'm the one giving the feedback & not benefitting from it, nice to have a change lol [B)]

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
sorry to ask a silly question guys but after reading 9 pages and various links to pictures etc etc can someone point me in the direction of the best full kit to buy?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise