High Timing pull and rich AFR

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
SPS for SALE , why ...
Well, had a meeting with Kim Hemmingsen (APR Denmark) yesterday and gave my car a APR ECU treat. Suddenly my issues that REVO state are hardware related problems are gone. AFR and timing pull are as they should be now!!
Will give the car 3 days long distance driving and some spirited driving before making a complete review and posting numbers!!

Now, do you think REVO will say that they will refund me for a bad product, NOT ...
They have given me 6 months of trouble shooting hell and a empty pocket.

Hardware related issues my arse!!

PM me if interested of the SPS

Welcome to the APR club!

What would of been interesting thought.... the NEW REVO map..would this have solved this issue

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
If you had kept it private then you may have got something, but coming on here and doing what you have done, thats not realistically gonna happen is it? :shrug:

Well, maybe true but then someone else could have the same issues and do what i did. Now hopefully i will save other money and time.

But again, silence is not the solution.

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Welcome to the APR club!

What would of been interesting thought.... the NEW REVO map..would this have solved this issue

Thank you.

Maybe the new update would do it for me but my mind was already set for APR. A remap should be right from the start and not be released if a update is needed to correct issues as i had. I gave REVO all possibilities to correct things but really they did not. Having APR makes my engine work as it should have from the beginning. '
If you buy a TV and it breaks you will get the producer to repair it, if not possible a compensation will be logical. In my case i have been trying to repair it myself and then finally when it is shown to be impossible i get silence when it comes to compensation. So you are standing with a TV that is not working and has not been so from the start but the producer is stating it is your living room causing the issues. On top on that not wanting to sort out things when proven faulty.

Kindly note that i have been very pleased with REVO on my former Leon Mk1 and that i am a paying customer.
I will ask the moderators to lock this thread as i feel that me or someone else will be locked out sooner or later due to anger...

Cupra K1 Revo 2

hi popov,
i have the same thing - i have a 2008 K1 with the full revo 2+ and the cars is amazing 1st to 3rd - plant the gas and the thing takes off, when i plant 4th-6th it feels like it is holding back but and this is a big but when i ease the gas down (4-6th) it takes of only when i plat it i feel the car holding back? What do you all think i should do, see a local revo guy or just go to APR for a new map - i do not want ot get a new map and lose any power though???
thanks
Ant

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Choice is yours what you do, either try the new revo software and see if it solves the problems or gi to APR by the sounds of it they don't have these issues

Cupra K1 Revo 2

Choice is yours what you do, either try the new revo software and see if it solves the problems or gi to APR by the sounds of it they don't have these issues

I guess if i go to revo id have to pay the full wack for a new map even though its less than 4000 miles old?? Only thing im worries about is the revo 2+ is 360-380 hp, on the APR site there stage 2+ is only about 300hp?
thanks bud
Ant

Cupra K1 Revo 2

APR stg2+ is more than 300. I can assure you that.

Why would you have to pay Revo? The update is free.

hi cupra r - thanks for reply mate i was reading your advice to a chap i think his name was popov you seem to really know your stuff. I was not aware they were free :) I am struggling to locate a loca dealer seems the search part on revos site is down :)
Mate what do you think i should do, find a local dealer and get the update or go for another make of map? Only thing im worried about is i must be between 360-380 bhp as im at revo 2+ with all the extras. I dont want to lose power but i want this little issue sorted - it is odd as like popov mine does kinda the same thing but...4th-6th really does take of and i mean take off when i ease the throttle down???
Thanks os much mate
Ant

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
hi cupra r - thanks for reply mate i was reading your advice to a chap i think his name was popov you seem to really know your stuff. I was not aware they were free :) I am struggling to locate a loca dealer seems the search part on revos site is down :)
Mate what do you think i should do, find a local dealer and get the update or go for another make of map? Only thing im worried about is i must be between 360-380 bhp as im at revo 2+ with all the extras. I dont want to lose power but i want this little issue sorted - it is odd as like popov mine does kinda the same thing but...4th-6th really does take of and i mean take off when i ease the throttle down???
Thanks os much mate
Ant

I guess if i go to revo id have to pay the full wack for a new map even though its less than 4000 miles old?? Only thing im worries about is the revo 2+ is 360-380 hp, on the APR site there stage 2+ is only about 300hp?
thanks bud
Ant
I think the stage 2+ on the APR site must be for a KO3 turbo.
Where are you based?
Have you done some logging?
Do you know what your Revo settings are?

Cupra K1 Revo 2

I think the stage 2+ on the APR site must be for a KO3 turbo.
Where are you based?
Have you done some logging?
Do you know what your Revo settings are?

hi mate i live in herts (hp4 1jx) i do not really undersatnd the logging and just have the spa i think its called, its on the highest performace setting - the car is mad it spins the tyres in 3rd easily in the dry and 4th in wet but it is not 110% perfect as like i say floor it in 4th-6th you can feel it holding back and then when you ease of and slowly reaply you hear and feel it pull so hard again!?!?
thanks mate
ant

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
I wouldn't say I know all there is to know mate lol.

If I were you and you have already paid for Revo I'd be trying the new update. After all this is only going to cost you fuel money. How far is Revo HQ from you? Their in Daventry. I'd personally take the trip to HQ, this for me would hopefully be your best chance to get to the bottom of it. No one should no the code better than them after all.

If you still have issues, then think of changing SW. APR have there current offer for £250, their switching method via cruise is very good and I think the improvements they have made to the map would make for a very entertaining drive.

Logical way for me, you already paid out for Revo. Cheapest cure for now is to try and get that sorted.

Last edited:

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
hi mate i live in herts (hp4 1jx) i do not really undersatnd the logging and just have the spa i think its called, its on the highest performace setting - the car is mad it spins the tyres in 3rd easily in the dry and 4th in wet but it is not 110% perfect as like i say floor it in 4th-6th you can feel it holding back and then when you ease of and slowly reaply you hear and feel it pull so hard again!?!?
thanks mate
ant

You need to find out what settings the car is at.

If you have the SPS unit all you need is a laptop and download the Revo SPS SW from their site. Plug into the SPS via a USB cable then into your OBD port (behind a panel under headlight switch) and run the SW. Then you could read what settings are on now and if necessary, make adjustments.

Adjustments should only be made though with data from logs. To take logs you'd need a VCDS cable. Or someone local to you that could maybe help out if they have a cable.

Last edited:

Cupra K1 Revo 2

You need to find out what settings the car is at.

ok mate - do i have to go to their HO or can i find a local dealer and ask them to do a free update? Also mate how do i find the settings? I know on the sps its on the highest tune option
Thanks mate
Ant

ps just to be clear should the car be pulling as hard as it does with my footplanted in 4th-6th?? its not just me

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Any Revo dealer can do it but may make a small charge for their time. If you contact Revo HQ they should be able to tell you your most local dealer that will do it for free. They are running sessions across the country for everyone to be able to get the update I believe.

Yes. The power should be constant. Not tail off then back on.

It could just be a matter of incorrect settings. Phone Revo HQ, speak to them and see what they can do for you.

Last edited:

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
This is taking POPOVs thread way off mate.

You the owner can program the SPS settings to whatever you want on the three performance modes. So until its plugged into a laptop who knows what your running currently.

Sorry POPOV.

Back to topic

Last edited:

Cupra K1 Revo 2

Any Revo dealer can do it but mayakovsky a small charge for their time. If you contact Revo HQ they should be able to tell you your most local dealer that will do it for free. They are running sessions across the country for everyone to be able to get the update I believe.

Yes. The power should be constant. Not tail off then back on.

It could just be a matter of incorrect settings. Phone Revo HQ, speak to them and see what they can do for you.

ok mate ill call HQ tomorrow will let you know - shame there is not a HQ day coming up to all go and get on rollers and see whats going on. Ok mate well i will call and say i need an update and find out more. Thanks very much mate for your help.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Get the new map see how it is. Still got the problem then go to Revo or a tuner with a good reputation to have a look.

Still got the problem then look at other maps. Simply getting a new map may not solve the problem and your then £250+ out of pocket.

Edit berkhamstead is only in north london so Revo Hq is only an hour up the road.

Last edited:

Cupra K1 Revo 2

This is taking POPOVs thread way off mate.

You the owner can program the SPS settings to whatever you want on the three performance modes. So until its plugged into a laptop who knows what your running currently.

Sorry POPOV.

Back to topic

yeah sorry guys i just started worrying as its new lol thanks anyway - back to topic :)

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Get the new map see how it is. Still got the problem then go to Revo or a tuner with a good reputation to have a look.

Still got the problem then look at other maps. Simply getting a new map may not solve the problem and your then £250+ out of pocket.

Edit berkhamstead is only in north london so Revo Hq is only an hour up the road.

If you do decide to switch maps APR will not just load the map on, they will do a health check

From experiance APR will not leave you out of pocket

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.