High Timing pull and rich AFR

n0ble

Sep 14, 2006
Pop does your car feel like it's not driving right?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
But are you thinking of changing your engine oil pan if you sort out the coding?

Yes, I'll put a new sump on if I can sort the coding. I have a TOG Sensor already for testing, I've run the wire to my cluster. When switched on in adaptations, channel 39 and also cluster coding to be 006421 the 2 being for fixed servicing WITH TOG Sensor. I get a DTC if I disconnect power to the TOG. If I reconnect the DTC goes to intermittent. This make me believe it is reading the TOG to a degree.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
There's a member on leonIIPassion undertaking a retrofit of the TOG Sensor to a Facelift Cupra at the moment. It maybe worth a look for you!!!

SparK is his username.

Last edited:

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
There's a member on leonIIPassion undertaking a retrofit of the TOG Sensor to a Facelift Cupra at the moment. It maybe worth a look for you!!!

SparK is his username.

Thanks for feedback. I will look into that later on when i have sorted my current issues ...

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Anyone with knowledge in how the coolant temperature should be on the highway when just cruising?
Mine is about 81C and when i get in to town it goes to 79C when driving. When i stop the coolant temp will go up to 90 + and the fans will start as they should.
I need to confirm that the coolant temp should stay at 90C when driving normally. According to what i read on some forums it should always be 90C and if not the car will automatically push in more fuel and cause the rich status i have.

Last edited:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Anyone with knowledge in how the coolant temperature should be on the highway when just cruising?
Mine is about 81C and when i get in to town it goes to 79C when driving. When i stop the coolant temp will go up to 90 + and the fans will start as they should.
I need to confirm that the coolant temp should stay at 90C when driving normally. According to what i read on some forums it should always be 90C and if not the car will automatically push in more fuel and cause the rich status i have.

on normal driving your car should be on 90 degrees , never seen mine go over that even when giving it some beans ;)

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
on normal driving your car should be on 90 degrees , never seen mine go over that even when giving it some beans ;)

Is that according to your cluster gauge readings or the real vcds value? Mine cluster gauge always shows 90 C but VCDS block 1 is stating 80 C .

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
FIS indicates a MAF reading of only 2 at idle.

I've seen a LPFP pressure of 4.6Bar under light throttle, didn't get chance to push on.

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Big thanks to your effort in helping me on checking! So nothing wrong with my temp or maf readings.
I am now waiting for my godspeed intercooler and the newly ordered evoms intake from the us. I hope that will solve the issues i have

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
SPS for SALE , why ...
Well, had a meeting with Kim Hemmingsen (APR Denmark) yesterday and gave my car a APR ECU treat. Suddenly my issues that REVO state are hardware related problems are gone. AFR and timing pull are as they should be now!!
Will give the car 3 days long distance driving and some spirited driving before making a complete review and posting numbers!!

Now, do you think REVO will say that they will refund me for a bad product, NOT ...
They have given me 6 months of trouble shooting hell and a empty pocket.

Hardware related issues my arse!!

PM me if interested of the SPS

Last edited: