May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Things my local Skoda dealer don't know
  • What's wrong with the car

Things Skoda UK don't know

Things Skoda CZ don't know

Looks like I'll be in the Fabia of poverty for a while yet.

But I'll be putting my first letter in tomorrow to establish my position for the rectification of the defects which will make any potential rejection a damn sight easier

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
Hope you/they get the car sorted soon! I like the white, and will be looking forward to what you do to it. I think the Photoshops looks good as well, but if you're going to to black b pillar plus black roof, I'd consider black a pillar and the bits above the windows black as well!

I'm going to see a octavia for my self on Sunday. No vrs though. Just a black 2008 estate. Tdi and 4x4 of course, as we have nine months of winter and three months of bad skiing around here :p

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Sounds a bit of a nightmare. Nothing worse when nobody can tell you what's wrong with your car. Have they not read the ECU for faults?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yeah, they've done loads.

They've read codes, changed bits, datalogged on a test drive & now they're into testing all the sensor readings etc.

Don't think it'll be long before they suggest swapping tbh, a weeks labour isn't cheap on not finding anything

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Yeah, they've done loads.

They've read codes, changed bits, datalogged on a test drive & now they're into testing all the sensor readings etc.

Don't think it'll be long before they suggest swapping tbh, a weeks labour isn't cheap on not finding anything

Yeah maybe a wire is earthing or something simple like that but the labour involved is very high. At least it sounds like they are doing something about it! Swap cars? You reckon they would do that?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Preferable to me than a refund should I reject (assuming it's not fixed)

I still can't think of another similar car that works for the same money for me at the moment.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Well it's "fixed" so I'll take the Fabia of poverty back tonight & see what they've done for a week.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
New turbo actuator, couple of ECU flashes, lots of wiring checks & sensor checks.

Just trying to decipher the hand written notes for what they did :)

All sorted though, pulls well but needs another test not in rush hour

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
I'd just like to direct your attention to this Mork.......

Octavia_BT_brown-red_01.jpg

Octavia_BT_brown-red_02.jpg

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Minor update....

Holiday in a couple of weeks, so decided I 'must' have either tints or blinds - prices were about the same, but I went with blinds. Main reason being is they seemed to block more light from my daughters eyes - which is what I need them for.

Happily, they also seem to black the back of the car out nicely too so that when I keep a bike in the back you can't see in.

Five minute install & aside from the line in the rear glass they look alright for £90 - bought a set for the Leon too.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Oh, and I've either only recently started using full throttle, or I have something up with the wastegate again.... Nothing nothing nothing nothing, 2500rpm, wheelspin & we're off

I'll get some logs done to compare requested boost against actual I think

Nov 23, 2010
Dunfermline, Fife
Hows the vRS going mate. I traded the boc on a Blackline edition with DSG and have done around 900 miles in it so far. Not as fast as the ibiza and finding it a bit lethargic in D mode, flip of the paddle needed more often than not. Think the REVO remap to 208 bhp and 321 lbft sounds very interesting. I got the dealer to paint the mirror caps and grill black before i picked it up...

photo3.jpg

Wife says i've no imagination

BocandvRS.jpg

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Looks well that

Mines fine - had it's first service the other week, and is 1yr old this week too.

Lovely car to drive, and although it's not 'fast' it's plenty quick enough. Rides well & grown up enough for me as well

I think I'll remap mine soon - I had an early scare with the wastegate packing up at 1600 miles where they thought I'd mapped it, but since then it's been trouble free.

No DPF issues, despite only doing 12 miles each way to work & back

I like it a lot, and I'm not sure what I'll replace it with in 2yrs time as the new Octy is huge

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Least productive thread ever!

However, it's getting two front tyres tomorrow at just under 16k, so they've held out well

Still standard power, though I'm thinking about a map.

However, the near side rear shock is failing, you can feel it collapse on a right corner

But worse than that the engine went into limp mode yesterday night for a bit, so I need to scan it and get it booked in for both warranty items.

Mpg is well improved now though, even in the warm weather

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.