m0rk's 2011 Skoda Octavia vRS CR170 HV61XAR

Nov 23, 2010
Dunfermline, Fife
Least productive thread ever!

However, it's getting two front tyres tomorrow at just under 16k, so they've held out well

Still standard power, though I'm thinking about a map.

However, the near side rear shock is failing, you can feel it collapse on a right corner

But worse than that the engine went into limp mode yesterday night for a bit, so I need to scan it and get it booked in for both warranty items.

Mpg is well improved now though, even in the warm weather

This is an old thread. A couple of weeks ago i took the plunge and ordered a new focus st2.
I did order a new cupra with race brakes etc but dealer came back saying seat were no longer doing them and did i want to continue, so i thought about it and decided on the focus instead... The octavia diesel and dsg did not fit me well, so its traded in...

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I remember when I tested the octavia, it was a diesel dsg & it was not nice. Just as you hit some torque, it changed up into the abyss of turbo lag.

I'll keep this one until it's 3rd birthday or so, but the focus & fiesta st are both on the horizon. Hopefully we'll have replaced the Leon by something bigger next year so I can have smaller cars again

Nov 23, 2010
Dunfermline, Fife
I remember when I tested the octavia, it was a diesel dsg & it was not nice. Just as you hit some torque, it changed up into the abyss of turbo lag.

I'll keep this one until it's 3rd birthday or so, but the focus & fiesta st are both on the horizon. Hopefully we'll have replaced the Leon by something bigger next year so I can have smaller cars again

Yeah i considered the fiesta. Gets a great write up too, but looks a little younger aimed :(

Looked into the mountune upgrade for it but fitted at £1399 for 25 ish horse is a little mad, the fiesta kit is a more reasonable £599 and takes it to 215 horse (time limited over boost)

Will let you know how i get on with the focuse come september, but your right about the vRS and diesel/dsg combo..... :blink:

Nov 23, 2010
Dunfermline, Fife
m0rk's 2011 Skoda Octavia vRS CR170

Update....
Had the focus one month and has 600 miles on it and really enjoying it so far. The Recaro seats are a little neat if you have a fee extra pounds lol
Handles pretty nice and the torque steer can be a bit disconcerting.
qade8y8a.jpg

M0rk are you still considering a change soon?

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Indeed I am - and just drawing up a list of places to visit... Ford being one

That looks nice that does!

The Octavia is driving a bit better post it's 20k service - the ECU was flashed with a new software update, which seems to have removed the massive torque spike as the turbo spooled up

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Well, That was a quick 2.5yrs! I've sold the Octy to a fellow SCNer tonight, and picked up a sweet part ex.

I'll miss the unmarked police car :(

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Hehe - unmarked police car is something I've always thought these look like, and perhaps I'll now experience the general public slowing down as they overtake me in it just in case!

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
I thought I spotted Lorna's yellow Mk3 the other day in Tesco car park. On a Y plate, FMIC trying to nudge through the bumper. Can't be many like that around so just maybe...

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Good spot Chester, if it was the same one! I lost track of it when we sold it to a guy in Birmingham. Cracking little car that, we wish we'd not sold it now

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members