First VCDS mods on my SC FR 1.8tsi

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
I managed to activate the Staging on mine using a 12.10.3 cable, but couldn't get any of the other functions working, so I'm assuming a 12.12 will be needed.

On a side note, does anyone know if it is possible to active the Passenger mirror dipping function if you don't have the Automatic folding mirrors ?
I'm asking this because mine came without this pack (dealer screwed up), and I really miss the mirror dipping function :cry:

Yeah, I think you need the 12.12.0 cable for this.

As for the mirror dip, I don´t really know, the only person I know here with an MK3 Leon has another FR so I couldn't say.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Has anyone been able to change the coming/leaving home times?
I've successfully coded it as per instructions on stemei however I'll be damned if it shows any more than the standard 30s in the Car Setup menu.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Yep good work, should maybe get a VCDS thread going in the FAQ section as this is sure to be a popular topic as time goes on

I would like to see this. As I have no idea about VCDS apart from reading odd bits here and there.

I'd like to know what I need to use this and how much it would all be?

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
I would like to see this. As I have no idea about VCDS apart from reading odd bits here and there.

I'd like to know what I need to use this and how much it would all be?

Can we create the sticky trhead on the FAQ section? or the admin needs to create that?

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
With the help of Zach (Phillips1795) and his lead last night, managed to get the following enabled.

Needle Sweep
Alarm Chirp
Dipping Mirror whilst in reverse
Door lighting now red in all modes
Rear running lights enabled
Fan display in Auto

Tried but was not able to enable:

Carbon Background
Turning fog lights
Lap timer in the dash

So well happy with what we done last night,many thanks Zach :worship:

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
JsyCuPrA the ones you couldn't get working (background and lap-timer were) were easy for me and worked first time.

The cornering fogs, I have right-hand fog working and the left-hand fog permanently on. I have a separate thread on this where someone else has been able to successfully do it, so I need to double check.

Anyway, I find it odd how we all seem to be getting mixed results, we're either all making mistakes or there's something very hit-and-miss about the coding or software.
Could you elaborate on what went wrong with the 3 things you couldn't get working, it may help other members in the future.

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
JsyCuPrA the ones you couldn't get working (background and lap-timer were) were easy for me and worked first time.

The cornering fogs, I have right-hand fog working and the left-hand fog permanently on. I have a separate thread on this where someone else has been able to successfully do it, so I need to double check.

Anyway, I find it odd how we all seem to be getting mixed results, we're either all making mistakes or there's something very hit-and-miss about the coding or software.
Could you elaborate on what went wrong with the 3 things you couldn't get working, it may help other members in the future.

The carbon one was strange, was switched to version 2 and enabled, but did not change, maybe you have to be off the page on the dash?

The cornering fogs is a strange one, as I now have the fogs on all the time when the headlights are on, Zach is coming over to have a look. Most prob we used wrong instructions from the german site.

Would be really good to get a sticky going of the ones that work and how people have done them.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
The carbon one was strange, was switched to version 2 and enabled, but did not change, maybe you have to be off the page on the dash?

The cornering fogs is a strange one, as I now have the fogs on all the time when the headlights are on, Zach is coming over to have a look. Most prob we used wrong instructions from the german site.

Would be really good to get a sticky going of the ones that work and how people have done them.

Yeah we could do with a thread and step-by-step instructions, we're all just too lazy, its a pain in the arse trying to mess with a laptop in car as it is, let alone take screenshots etc.

Interesting that you got the fogs stuck on all the time, whereas I only have that problem with my left-hand fog, the right-hand side works as it did on my Ibiza!

We're either making mistakes or theres something different about our software/cars, perhaps cornering was disabled at the factory for good reason, perhaps like the whole reverse-dip-mirror saga...

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
Yeah we could do with a thread and step-by-step instructions, we're all just too lazy, its a pain in the arse trying to mess with a laptop in car as it is, let alone take screenshots etc.

Interesting that you got the fogs stuck on all the time, whereas I only have that problem with my left-hand fog, the right-hand side works as it did on my Ibiza!

We're either making mistakes or theres something different about our software/cars, perhaps cornering was disabled at the factory for good reason, perhaps like the whole reverse-dip-mirror saga...

Think we are just making mistakes, the menus are massive on my FR, pages of them last night. I now Zach said he would put a step by step of the ones which worked together.

Thing is the MK3 is still very new and not many people will be playing with VCDS at the moment.

The dipping mirror didn't work first time, but Zach went into it a different way and it then worked.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
With the help of Zach (Phillips1795) and his lead last night, managed to get the following enabled.

Needle Sweep
Alarm Chirp
Dipping Mirror whilst in reverse
Door lighting now red in all modes
Rear running lights enabled
Fan display in Auto

Tried but was not able to enable:

Carbon Background
Turning fog lights
Lap timer in the dash

So well happy with what we done last night,many thanks Zach :worship:

Sounds good, will need to follow your lead when I get mine. Silly question what are "rear running lights"?

ac2013

Sep 1, 2013
its DLR's for the back light...

I want to enable this one as I did on my Audi. I don't have the LED lights but I am sure this can be enabled.

My Leon came with the turning fogs already enabled. I think this is to do with it being the SE version.

solly84

Dec 27, 2013
I want to enable this one as I did on my Audi. I don't have the LED lights but I am sure this can be enabled.

My Leon came with the turning fogs already enabled. I think this is to do with it being the SE version.

Do you have DLR's already on the front light? if yes i would say sure you can enable the back ones.

Last edited:

ac2013

Sep 1, 2013
Do you have DLR's already on the front light? if yes i would say sure you can enable the back ones.

I do yes, and like many others here I am waiting for my lead from Ali express to make the adjustment.

I have the corner DRL's which were halogen bulbs that I swapped out for LED BA15's.

solly84

Dec 27, 2013
I do yes, and like many others here I am waiting for my lead from Ali express to make the adjustment.

I have the corner DRL's which were halogen bulbs that I swapped out for LED BA15's.

i am in the waiting line myself for the VCDS from AliExpress... hope it works.:whistle:

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes

It's not because it's an SE, it's because you don't have LED headlights.

I have LED's and it's an SE but don't have cornering fogs. I was a bit disappointed to be honest when I found out

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.