First VCDS mods on my SC FR 1.8tsi

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
Yeah, I think you need the 12.12.0 cable for this.

As for the mirror dip, I don´t really know, the only person I know here with an MK3 Leon has another FR so I couldn't say.

I dont think its a VCDS version issue. My hunch is that its to do with the production dates of the cars. The carbon fiber look is probably to do with the Cupra, as is the lap timer. Maybe earlier versions of the firmware on the in car systems dont contain those images/features.

I've tried it with mine, and enabling the lap timer doesn't show, and changing the background seems to make a small alteration to the font, but no carbon fiber look.

One thing that I have read is that as part of the service schedule, they commit to ensuring you have the latest software on the car, I'm trying to find where I've seen this, but I know I've seen it somewhere. Maybe they may come along with "bug fixes" like the reversing mirror not returning to its normal position all the time.

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
I dont think its a VCDS version issue. My hunch is that its to do with the production dates of the cars. The carbon fiber look is probably to do with the Cupra, as is the lap timer. Maybe earlier versions of the firmware on the in car systems dont contain those images/features.

I've tried it with mine, and enabling the lap timer doesn't show, and changing the background seems to make a small alteration to the font, but no carbon fiber look.

One thing that I have read is that as part of the service schedule, they commit to ensuring you have the latest software on the car, I'm trying to find where I've seen this, but I know I've seen it somewhere. Maybe they may come along with "bug fixes" like the reversing mirror not returning to its normal position all the time.

So the mirror dipping issue is normal? I was begining to think I was crazy! :cartman: 8 out of 10 times the mirror gets to the normal position but those 2 times...It seems that it's missing a couple of centimiters up.

Do you know how can I know the build week of my car??

Thanks!!

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
So the mirror dipping issue is normal? I was begining to think I was crazy! :cartman: 8 out of 10 times the mirror gets to the normal position but those 2 times...It seems that it's missing a couple of centimiters up.

Thanks!!

Not sure about the build week question, but I seem to get problems with the mirror after turning off the engine straight after parking up and turning off the engine, it doesn't seem to make much of an effort to return back to normal position (if any effort at all.)

I've been tempted to get in touch with the dealer, to see if they will confirm that its an issue and whether there will be an appropriate software fix when I take the car in for its first service (or before if i get really irritated with it.)

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands

Thanks!!

Yes it's a known issue, thats why cars were coming out the factory with the dipping function disabled. It was reinstated from build week 49 of 2013, however I'm not sure whether they actually changed any hardware in the car to fix the issue.

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
Think we are just making mistakes, the menus are massive on my FR, pages of them last night. I now Zach said he would put a step by step of the ones which worked together.

Thing is the MK3 is still very new and not many people will be playing with VCDS at the moment.

The dipping mirror didn't work first time, but Zach went into it a different way and it then worked.

You were spot on mate, it was my mistake! There were two very similar German words and I picked the wrong one.

I've now got everything up and running except the change in coming/leaving home light times.
I haven't attempted the reverse mirror thing yet either, primarily because I haven't even checked thats its not active on my car already.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010

When I read this I thought it was a good shout. As we can see from Cupra release shots the carbon fibre is for the cupra display. Suspect it comes with the lap timer too.

cmcc

The mirror dipping option seems too inconsistent to bother with,think I would leave that one alone.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.