Seat Leon cupra r metallic red

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
If you decide to sell I could be tempted with your exhaust system and rear bumper..I've got a black btcc with the remus system & quite fancy going for the cupra look....

As to value, like you I've done loads to mine & value is hard to access as you'll never get back what you've put in..

Personally I'd strip what you can for standard parts E.G wheels f/c climate ( exhaust&bumper to me ha ha )

& try selling...

If it was me I'd be looking at list and thinking what can I transfer to my new cupra. You still got the oem stuff?

Im don't want to strip it down for parts & I don't want to spend hours putting it back to OEM, plus I don't have any OEM parts lol.

I'm going to buy a Cupra and stage 2+ it then leave it as my missus will drive it more than me. But I know what your all saying & thanks for some of the positive comments lol.

I'm thinking an auction site + 6k starting price = see what happens..

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
300 bhp stage 1 remap
310-320 stage 2 remap and 3" downpipe/induction kit
360ish bhp stage 2+ remap with uprated hpfp and 3" downpipe and induction kit and with optional intercooler but u should really get one tbf

have you got that right b.s. ,I know that crafoo has Apr stage 1 and his dyno reading was 334 bhp . That's what I'm hoping I have with my little extra bits added ;) :happy:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Did I hear my name mentioned :p

The figures quoted are tricky because it obviously depends which tuner you choose and the car you have, some cars respond better than others.

That said though the APR stage 1 v3.4 on a Cupra/R would probably see ~315+bhp with no real supporting mods, add in a decent intake and probably 10-15bhp on a well maintained engine could be seen.

There is always the dyno lottery factor as well but my stage 1 with Revo ceramic intake did indeed run a 334bhp on Awesome GTI's rollers on the 95 octane program, it was suggested a number nearer 340bhp would be likely on the 99 octane program (which I've now switched to :))

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Did I hear my name mentioned :p

The figures quoted are tricky because it obviously depends which tuner you choose and the car you have, some cars respond better than others.

That said though the APR stage 1 v3.4 on a Cupra/R would probably see ~315+bhp with no real supporting mods, add in a decent intake and probably 10-15bhp on a well maintained engine could be seen.

There is always the dyno lottery factor as well but my stage 1 with Revo ceramic intake did indeed run a 334bhp on Awesome GTI's rollers on the 95 octane program, it was suggested a number nearer 340bhp would be likely on the 99 octane program (which I've now switched to :))

See, someone made 345 stage 2+. And you're seeing 334 at stage 1 with intake

That's why I take most dyno results with a pinch of salt :whistle:

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Hahahaa thanks betty, although I must admit I'm not sure I like the civil you lol..

Meh horrific wheels are better than a banna boat. lol I joke..

Ok well I'll say what I was thinking lol

I think that you'll struggle to sell the car with them vile wheels on

The only people interested will be chavs.

Flog them wheels, put original ones or some BBS reps on and you'll shift it easier.

Just my opinion. If I was in the market to buy a dpf delete/stage 2 leon diesel and I saw yours,if would be put off by the wheels

Just my opinion
Lol

Last edited:

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Ok well I'll say what I was thinking lol

I think that you'll struggle to sell the car with them vile wheels on

The only people interested will be chavs.

Flog them wheels, put original ones or some BBS reps on and you'll shift it easier.

Just my opinion. If I was in the market to buy a dpf delete/stage 2 leon diesel and I saw yours,if would be put off by the wheels

Just my opinion
Lol

Hahahaa ... I'm not a chav by the way! Haha but no thanks that's a valid point you make there.. Hmm

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
See, someone made 345 stage 2+. And you're seeing 334 at stage 1 with intake

That's why I take most dyno results with a pinch of salt :whistle:
I'd say 345 stage 2+ was on the low side, but as i said there's a host of reasons why you'll never get consistency, different mods, atmospheric conditions on the day, car health...blah blah blah.

With APR's current work though I'd expect more than 300bhp from a stage 1, the maps are that good.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I'd say 345 stage 2+ was on the low side, but as i said there's a host of reasons why you'll never get consistency, different mods, atmospheric conditions on the day, car health...blah blah blah.

With APR's current work though I'd expect more than 300bhp from a stage 1, the maps are that good.

Lol my post was just meant as a general one, not leaning towards any brands etc

The lad that got 345 reckons it was hot that day.

I just drive it and enjoy it lol. No idea what mine is putting out

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover

I've no idea either, just rely on all you experts on here. btw, about a month ago I had to call out the AA for a slow puncture, and the guy is a top mechanic .He thought that the Apr would give at least 60 bhp extra ,so I'm gonna go with crafoo's dyno reading for the moment .
It certainly goes well :happy:

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Im don't want to strip it down for parts & I don't want to spend hours putting it back to OEM, plus I don't have any OEM parts lol.

I'm going to buy a Cupra and stage 2+ it then leave it as my missus will drive it more than me. But I know what your all saying & thanks for some of the positive comments lol.

I'm thinking an auction site + 6k starting price = see what happens..

Ah but thats the beauty of it my back bumper and exhaust could be swapped with yours...

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home

I know you didn't mate, i brought APR into it purely from my experience and the fact my cars output was mentioned.

I'd expect to see 300+bhp on a stage 1 from any tuner as you quoted in your original post.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Ah but thats the beauty of it my back bumper and exhaust could be swapped with yours...

& where would you be located? Also what's in it for me?

On a side note.. Would these fit out Leon's?

ymesypuj.jpg

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
& where would you be located? Also what's in it for me?

On a side note.. Would these fit out Leon's?

ymesypuj.jpg

Bummer I've just noticed your in KENT and im in Burnley so not really do able me finks as we are way to far apart....

What was involved in doing the cupra rear end other than having a custom double pipe made up, did you have to buy a new rear bumper or just cut your up?

Thanks

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Basically.. The diffuser is two pieces.. Measure up & pop riviet the first bit on.. Then bond the diffuser to the first bit, once bonded you'll notice bits don't quite line up and there are gaps around the rear reflectors.. So you get out some bridging filler and fill the gaps in small layers do excessive amounts then sand flush. Then paint. Easy easy done, 3-4 hours all bonding stuff is supplied.
be2u7a6a.jpg

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Basically.. The diffuser is two pieces.. Measure up & pop riviet the first bit on.. Then bond the diffuser to the first bit, once bonded you'll notice bits don't quite line up and there are gaps around the rear reflectors.. So you get out some bridging filler and fill the gaps in small layers do excessive amounts then sand flush. Then paint. Easy easy done, 3-4 hours all bonding stuff is supplied.
be2u7a6a.jpg

Cool thanks for that, this mite be my next mod...but I'll have to have a look around fleebay for a spare bumper I dont feel brave enough to cut up my existing one...how much was the diffuser?

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Umm standard seat going rate? I can't remember sorry. & umm don't be a woman there's only cutting when you've attached the diffuser, then you cut out the exhaust holes... C'monnn! Get a spare bumper raises the price of this mod lol

Last edited:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Cutting the valance is a piece of piss, you can't really do it wrong because it won't be seen anyway. Rear diffuser has just gone up in price, about £240 i think now.

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
£240.00!!!!

I see so the diffuser sits over my current bumper, I thought you had to cut out the space for the diffuser to sit in...in that case I'd have a go @ that...it does look good..

Mite have to save for the diffuser thou as I'd have to get the exhaust sort as well..is yours a straight through stylance+?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Yes it all fits together, you just need to cut the two holes for the centre exit. The part is unpainted too so factor that cost in, got mine painted for around £100. Until very recently the diffuser was £195 but Seat have been ramping up the cost of accessories in the last month or so.

There's a bit of a guide in my readers ride thread in my sig.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.