MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Not the standard ones, they are the bucket seat option. I'm not sure if they are really worth the money, but they are comfortable.

I'm gently running it in, about a quarter of the way there, and have found the ACC really useful in that regard. When the traffic starts to move it accelerates somewhat economically. I'm looking forward to being able to put my foot down!

Also, I'm running it in 'comfort mode' at the moment to keep the revs down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good luck with it :) and enjoy

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
You've bought the wrong car if you run it in strictly comfort mode.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

In Cupra mode it's too loud, it's too firm on the roads around me (semi rural) and although the throttle response is keener it doesn't actually make it faster.

In comfort it's pretty much the perfect hot hatch / family car, and I'd bet faster on the bumpy roads near me.

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
I tend to agree with you, why have a Cupra and run it in 'unexciting mode' when there is all that power to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the power is available in unexciting mode too. It just delivers it in a more mature fashion.

ElCoasa

Apr 11, 2017
Hi guys, finally picked up mine on Saturday from Southampton. Such a fantastic piece of machinery... puts a smile on my face every time I look at it, drive it, accelerate... Not so much when I go over bumps or potholes, but hey, it was to be expected :)

33469013013_6b89e0366e_o.jpg

34121796232_03b57e4eca_o.jpg

33895078310_38b66014a4_o.jpg

34148042021_5b36e57de7_o.jpg

33437101364_011ab3e919_o.jpg

33437101134_712684d04a_o.jpg

34148075651_ee982687c9_o.jpg

However, first problem after nearly 200 miles - front left tyre pressure loss warning. Checked it and it was nearly flat. Fixed it, went flat again after 10 miles. Repeated the action a few times, got home, went to check it, nothing - no puncture, no nothing. Just a lot of rubber. After putting back together, it did not went flat again - I am guessing either it was incorrectly fitted on the rim or a pothole / bump caused the issue. Had to buy a new tyre....

34238466816_7c808ff4d4_h.jpg

Last edited:

spongeym

Feb 9, 2017
Fantastic! Thanks for taking the pics, the blue looks really nice. Shame about getting a flat almost instantly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ElCoasa

Apr 11, 2017
Fantastic! Thanks for taking the pics, the blue looks really nice. Shame about getting a flat almost instantly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks! Blue looks much better than I was expecting, same for the interior - the sunroof helps a lot, brightens things quite lovely.

Another funny thing about the tyre - went to the garage and the guy tried to do his thing, however the lock nut was nowhere to be found. Called the dealer and they had to send someone over from Southampton to bring it back to me :) Lesson: always check everything when you pick up your car :)

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
Hi guys, finally picked up mine on Saturday from Southampton. Such a fantastic piece of machinery... puts a smile on my face every time I look at it, drive it, accelerate... Not so much when I go over bumps or potholes, but hey, it was to be expected :)

33469013013_6b89e0366e_o.jpg

However, first problem after nearly 200 miles - front left tyre pressure loss warning. Checked it and it was nearly flat. Fixed it, went flat again after 10 miles. Repeated the action a few times, got home, went to check it, nothing - no puncture, no nothing. Just a lot of rubber. After putting back together, it did not went flat again - I am guessing either it was incorrectly fitted on the rim or a pothole / bump caused the issue. Had to buy a new tyre....

Superb, blue looks stunning, enjoy :D

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Show me the proof and I'll believe you. The car doesn't feel slower at any point.

Show you the proof, I'm pretty certain my self the boost setting in comfort mode is on low boost setting with lower throttle response. You can't get into a T junction for the turbo to measure boost as TSI is direct

Says the guy that played around with 5 maps in 3 hours on my ecu.

ElCoasa

Apr 11, 2017
Sunroof is really cool and you don't get much wind noise until 60 :)

I think the boost is a bit limited in comfort - turbo doesn't kick in as it does on Sport. Didn't try Cupra yet.

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
Show you the proof, I'm pretty certain my self the boost setting in comfort mode is on low boost setting with lower throttle response. You can't get into a T junction for the turbo to measure boost as TSI is direct

Says the guy that played around with 5 maps in 3 hours on my ecu.

You'll know then if you've seen the maps, is the throttle less responsive OR is it making less actual boost?

I agree it feels more snappy in Cupra mode, but SEAT, along with many many other manufacturers just change the throttle pedal software so it loses its linerarity to make it initially more responsive and feel faster.

I'm 100% confident it doesn't go down the road, or overtake any faster than it does in comfort mode.

I'm open minded though, if someone can show me some proof.

Last edited:

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
You'll know then if you've seen the maps, is the throttle less responsive OR is it making less actual boost?

I agree it feels more snappy in Cupra mode, but SEAT, along with many many other manufacturers just change the throttle pedal software so it loses its linerarity to make it initially more responsive and feel faster.

I'm 100% confident it doesn't go down the road, or overtake any faster than it does in comfort mode.

I'm open minded though, if someone can show me some proof.

I assume that the 300 has the same 'Individual' setting in the profile setup as the predecessors.
Why not set the suspension, engine and steering in comfort but set the diff to cupra.
The VAQ limited slip diff will aid traction and stop it running in 'open' mode allowing the unloaded wheel to spin up like a normal FWD setup. I'd have the diff in Cupra as a minimum as this sets it apart from 99% of hot hatches available and is one of the main plus points for our cars.
I personally run everything in Cupra apart from suspension for everyday driving as it works best for my drive to and from work (and UK roads in general). I'd also say that Cupra mode for the suspension is really very well controlled and not half as harsh and crashy as the journos paint the ride to be like.

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
I'm certain the Cupra suspension would be good on track, but it's just too much on the road imo.

The 'diff' still works in comfort mode, the way it pulls you around corners is really impressive! I'm not rubbishing the car at all, I think it's great... in comfort mode!

In Cupra i don't like the heavier steering either, or the awful fake noise it makes.

My last car had Dynamic Mode and that was no good on the road either, I think manufacturers put it in just because they can.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.