Options affecting Leon lead times

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Finally have a build date week for my Leon ordered in October of W/C 5/2/18 so early March delivery at a guess!!!

saintsfan

Jan 17, 2018
Hi

I have just joined after reading all the stories about delays with orders. Mine is very similar.

We ordered a Leon ST FR spec 1.4 with DSG on the mobility scheme around the 22nd July and was told that the car would be ready around the end of October. Mid October came and I rang the dealeship to enquire when it would be best to pick up. I was then told very sheepishly that it was not going to be built until week 51, this moved to week 3 then to week 8 then 9 and currently now as of yesterday week 10.
Back in October I had a bad experience with customer service after I asked why I had not been gien any indication from the dealership of these delays. It was escalated to the executive office and I thought that I had been given a good deal as they offered to put in our £249 advance payment. I now now that this is open to all who car is delayed.

The dealership has been a total loss will not give me any information and just try to fob me off. I did ring CS again yesteray who give me potential build week of week 10 and to ring back at the end of week 6 to get a confirmed date. She did say that we would get the illuminated door sills and Alexia. So I am still waiting. It looks like a 7 1/2 to 8 month wait. If I had know this at the begining I would have gone for a different make.

joestif

Dec 15, 2017
So my car is on its way up North from JCB Seat Ashford today.

Ordered end of September 2017 was delivered a couple of weeks ago. so about a 15 week turn around. Half what they had quoted. Very impressed.

lets just hope it gets here safe, lots of snow in the North today.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Hi

I have just joined after reading all the stories about delays with orders. Mine is very similar.

We ordered a Leon ST FR spec 1.4 with DSG on the mobility scheme around the 22nd July and was told that the car would be ready around the end of October. Mid October came and I rang the dealeship to enquire when it would be best to pick up. I was then told very sheepishly that it was not going to be built until week 51, this moved to week 3 then to week 8 then 9 and currently now as of yesterday week 10.
Back in October I had a bad experience with customer service after I asked why I had not been gien any indication from the dealership of these delays. It was escalated to the executive office and I thought that I had been given a good deal as they offered to put in our £249 advance payment. I now now that this is open to all who car is delayed.

The dealership has been a total loss will not give me any information and just try to fob me off. I did ring CS again yesteray who give me potential build week of week 10 and to ring back at the end of week 6 to get a confirmed date. She did say that we would get the illuminated door sills and Alexia. So I am still waiting. It looks like a 7 1/2 to 8 month wait. If I had know this at the begining I would have gone for a different make.
Interesting about Alexa, did you spec the Navigation high pack?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

saintsfan

Jan 17, 2018
I did not add any other specs to our car so it is the standard navigation system. I Thought she had got it wrong but she did confrm it twice and appologised about the time she took in finding out the information. (I rang in the morning and it was late afternoon when she came back to me.) She said that she wanted to give me the right information. Just hope she is right. Maybe anybody who get their car before me will be able to confirm.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
I did not add any other specs to our car so it is the standard navigation system. I Thought she had got it wrong but she did confrm it twice and appologised about the time she took in finding out the information. (I rang in the morning and it was late afternoon when she came back to me.) She said that she wanted to give me the right information. Just hope she is right. Maybe anybody who get their car before me will be able to confirm.
Hmmm..... just differs from what a lot of other people have been told it would only be on Nav High

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

I wouldn't expect to see it.
The original advice was that it needed Nav high to take advantage of the WLAN connection.

Then SEAT CS were and still are it seems advising customers that it would be on all 2018 cars (myself included)

We had dealer confirm last night on here that it required Nav high.

I have just called SEAT CS today to discuss when I'd be receiving my cheque and they confirmed that on my order it wouldn't be available because I didn't spec it with Nav high.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Suppose we are gonna have to see what peoples 2018 built cars come with.

Also still not listed in brochure either last time i looked

Last edited:

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
We ordered a Leon ST FR spec 1.4 with DSG on the mobility scheme around the 22nd July and was told that the car would be ready around the end of October.

Ordered ours about the same time and we were told that if we wanted the 1.4 engine it would be about 6 months delivery.

Surprised that the Motability guy at the dealership didn't tell you this, he should have and I would suggest that you tell Motability this.

We didn't want the 1.4 engine and ordered the 1.8 TSI picked it up on the 14th December.

We are very happy with our car no rattles, the DSG box is very good, the engine is smooth and responsive.

To be honest some of the tec is a bit over the top - (why do I need a load of options for the colour leds in the door cards? !) but the sat nav works well once you've got used to it.

We can't wait until it has a few more miles on it to give it a bit more throttle!

BTW It came with the 2 USB ports in the rear and the (totally unnecessary) lit FR logos on the door steps.

saintsfan

Jan 17, 2018
To be honest the dealership is absolute rubbish, would not advise anybody to go where we went. Only after we placed order did we find out that there had been lots of bad feedback and complaints. The only lead time we were advised of was that it would be ready for the end of October. I think it was a case of getting an order. We have been promised regular updates they never come in fact I had to email him just before christmas to get an update and then it was pushed out again. I honesly think that they just do not care. When we finally get the car i will be giving him a few choice words and we have already told mobility that we want to move dealerships for servicing etc. Mobility in general are not happy with what has gone on.

FRHighlander

Apr 21, 2014
Perth, Scotland.
So my car is on its way up North from JCB Seat Ashford today.

Ordered end of September 2017 was delivered a couple of weeks ago. so about a 15 week turn around. Half what they had quoted. Very impressed.

lets just hope it gets here safe, lots of snow in the North today.

Car spec'd and ordered 22 October.

Was on the point of contacting dealer for update when he 'phoned to say the car was delivered on the 17th. (January). As I was originally warned of maybe a March delivery this was a surprise!

Hope to pick it up early next week after the post delivery checks and Lifeshine.

300SEATCUPRA

Dec 7, 2017
I ordered mine 24th August (cupra 300 with Seat sound as only option) was told it'd be ready for January '18. Now I'm in Jan '18 and I have no confirmed build week. To be honest I'm not too bothered as I have an auto Golf GTI courtesy car and have been promised a cheque for £250 which certainly takes the sting out of it.

Does anyone know on here about the digital dash? Do cars built beyond a certain Build week come with it as standard? I can't see it on the configurator but I'd definitely like it. Thought I'd try you guys before I asked Seat UK..

300SEATCUPRA

Dec 7, 2017
If the car was built after the build week it was introduced, it should come with it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Any idea when it was introduced? I'm assuming if they're coming with it now mine will have it as its not built yet (still don't have a guaranteed build week).. Just checking I didn't need to spec anything to get it.. Cheers

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Any idea when it was introduced? I'm assuming if they're coming with it now mine will have it as its not built yet (still don't have a guaranteed build week).. Just checking I didn't need to spec anything to get it.. Cheers

From week 2 onwards with regards to build. It's been in the brochure from November.

It's also on the configurator when you opt to view the interior of car. You'll not see it as an option for the Cupra, as it is now standard.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.