SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Nov 3, 2023
Seat Leon cupra
Mst2 EU VW zr p0468t
Kann i Update to p0480t
Inhaber virtual Tacho
I am Reading this can make Trouble by Update and patching?

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Just updated mine from 479T to 480T and the infotainment responses so much quicker.

Hi,

I just saw your post, I've been considering to update mine from 472 (original from factory) to 480.

Did you download the 480 firmware file from MIB Solution website ?
Just wanted to be sure that those files are safe and do not contain any harmful alterations.

Thanks in advance.

Tell

Staff member
The check on the mibsolution files is whether there is any code below the four signature lines you see on the meta files. The unit can only be fooled to read non signed input by putting code after the four line sla1 signature (was a design fault that was exploited).

The AIO files (all in one) you will find that technique is used to get the modified firmware into the unit. Kosher software doesn't have anything after the four line signature of the meta files signature in each directory. The technique of running code after the signature is the only technique to modify these files to get them in.

If you do open these files up don't save the file else it may add characters and the encryption signature check will fail even on original firmware.

Reactions: SuperV8

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
The check on the mibsolution files is whether there is any code below the four signature lines you see on the meta files. The unit can only be fooled to read non signed input by putting code after the four line sla1 signature (was a design fault that was exploited).

The AIO files (all in one) you will find that technique is used to get the modified firmware into the unit. Kosher software doesn't have anything after the four line signature of the meta files signature in each directory. The technique of running code after the signature is the only technique to modify these files to get them in.

If you do open these files up don't save the file else it may add characters and the encryption signature check will fail even on original firmware.

I have downloaded 480T zip file, extracted it to a folder. I'm not sure which files you were meaning by "meta files" but there is a file named "metainfo2.txt" at the root. As you can see in the screenshot below, it has a "Signature" section at the end and there are more than 4 signature lines, numbered from 1 to 8 actually. If this is the file & those are the signature lines you mentioned, it seems altered, am i wrong?

1701898788661.png

Giuseppe Busso

Ioannis
Jan 29, 2021
Greece
Hi,

I just saw your post, I've been considering to update mine from 472 (original from factory) to 480.

Did you download the 480 firmware file from MIB Solution website ?
Just wanted to be sure that those files are safe and do not contain any harmful alterations.

Thanks in advance.
Yes mate, go on. I've downloaded files and from MIB Solution and update my car for 2 times.

notabenem

Aug 26, 2016
Hi Gentlemen,
I see this thread has grown a lot the past 2 years. Is there anyone who's done an upgrade of MIB2 0351 (MY 2016) to a very recent version? Is there a version limit I should not exceed when upgrading? Which version would you recommend me to go for?
Thanks!

Tell

Staff member
Hi Gentlemen,
I see this thread has grown a lot the past 2 years. Is there anyone who's done an upgrade of MIB2 0351 (MY 2016) to a very recent version? Is there a version limit I should not exceed when upgrading? Which version would you recommend me to go for?
Thanks!
You can not skip trains so it would be 03xx. There are mod but people are told get back on to the correct train. That's 3 train, you stay on that.

Tell

Staff member
Thank you for your response mate.
In a post above, @Tell mentioned about a way to check whether the files are original.
Now waiting for a reply from him, just to be on the safe side.
Yes it's an 8 signature... My memory 🤤.

The modded firmware bungs code under the signature. No code below those signatures you know it's not been modded. Those 8 lines is the lock on the files indexed above from being hacked. It was a Vag design oversight that the unit was open to the exploit.

Whilst with a super computer you can work out the primary key that Vag uses don't reckon anyone has done that yet. But a weakness in the mib2 firmware was you could run code after the POI import method which is how all the modded firmware works. The green menu tool kits all use that plus the "AIO" software. It's still clever stuff since they have to compute all the hashes as well.

I have come across people that say it can be modded but you still have got to make that signature sla1 signature check to work. A tall order.

The same Vag primary key is used across all the mib2 products whether firmware and map files. The public key has been published so you can crank the check by hand which is what the unit does. If you have not got the primary key you can't manufacture the signature.

Was part of my education when looking at map updates. The navigation map file FeC was what I was really looking for as it turned out.

Reactions: serdar_18fr

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Yes it's an 8 signature... My memory 🤤.

The modded firmware bungs code under the signature. No code below those signatures you know it's not been modded. Those 8 lines is the lock on the files indexed above from being hacked. It was a Vag design oversight that the unit was open to the exploit.

Thank you very much for your reply, I was eagerly waiting to try the update on my infotainment unit :)

On a second thought, I think it would be better if I could persuade my local dealer to do the update.
I had read somewhere that they would update the related car records on VAG servers also.
Not sure if this would prove useful for me in any way, but anyway... :)

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Generally if you aren't having a problem with the software best to leave it alone. Android Auto issues got sorted out in later releases of the mib2 standard. Where the recommendations come in.

If only they had bothered to publish a changelog for each release.
Then we could have an informed decision to update or not.

Reactions: Walone

notabenem

Aug 26, 2016
Generally if you aren't having a problem with the software best to leave it alone. Android Auto issues got sorted out in later releases of the mib2 standard. Where the recommendations come in.
Unfortuantely I do have a problem.
Every now and then the time showing up on the dash is +1 h ahead of the actual time. I've seen on one occasion that it was +15 minutes ahead. Has the tendency to scare the sh***t out of me.
Only a reboot of the infotainment helps.

Tell

Staff member
Unfortuantely I do have a problem.
Every now and then the time showing up on the dash is +1 h ahead of the actual time. I've seen on one occasion that it was +15 minutes ahead. Has the tendency to scare the sh***t out of me.
Only a reboot of the infotainment helps.
The +1 hour or -1 hour can be linked to a bug they had in the time being taken from GPS you toggle that on and off and fixes it. Seat started to ship them with don't take time from GPS to fix it a few years back. I toggle back to take time from GPS. Only the mib2 standard I've seen that on. Never seen 15 min variation. The one I'm talking about is where it gets confused with GMT and the offset to local time. That they might have fixed. Theory is the new Mib2 standard lock onto three or so different GPS systems from the American original, Russian and Chinese. Manages to mess up the time in the process. That's my theory on that.

We are talking about 2016 on. So they altered their pre delivery instructions so the fault didn't show up unless you were picking up the system time via GPS. I switched mine to GPS as the source. It was on the mib2 standard where it occurs. When the Arona comes out of the garage it sometimes has that one hour drift. Holding your finger on the on/off for a reset sorts it out. Another solution.

Reactions: notabenem

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
The +1 hour or -1 hour can be linked to a bug they had in the time being taken from GPS you toggle that on and off and fixes it. Seat started to ship them with don't take time from GPS to fix it a few years back. I toggle back to take time from GPS. Only the mib2 standard I've seen that on. Never seen 15 min variation. The one I'm talking about is where it gets confused with GMT and the offset to local time. That they might have fixed. Theory is the new Mib2 standard lock onto three or so different GPS systems from the American original, Russian and Chinese. Manages to mess up the time in the process. That's my theory on that.

We are talking about 2016 on. So they altered their pre delivery instructions so the fault didn't show up unless you were picking up the system time via GPS. I switched mine to GPS as the source. It was on the mib2 standard where it occurs. When the Arona comes out of the garage it sometimes has that one hour drift. Holding your finger on the on/off for a reset sorts it out. Another solution.
I've noticed on my MIB2 High that when the clocks are adjusted for Summer/Winter time, as soon as I unlock the car the time shows correctly on the display between the speedo and tachometer, thats before opening the door!

Reactions: Tell
Jan 9, 2024
Hello all,
I would like to update firmware on my MIB2 system and to have full link system working.
Here are HW and software installed on my seat leon 5F 2016:
Sw: MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0245T
Hw: 5QA035846
Sw version: H25.14.78_STD2Nav_EU

I would like to upgrade the firmware with following version:
MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0253T

I downloaded it from mibsolution.one
Do you see any problems? Should it be compatibile with my system? Will be full link system working? I have also read in this forum about issues on USB not working after Firmware update..could it be a risk?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.