SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

notabenem

Aug 26, 2016
Generally if you aren't having a problem with the software best to leave it alone. Android Auto issues got sorted out in later releases of the mib2 standard. Where the recommendations come in.
Unfortuantely I do have a problem.
Every now and then the time showing up on the dash is +1 h ahead of the actual time. I've seen on one occasion that it was +15 minutes ahead. Has the tendency to scare the sh***t out of me.
Only a reboot of the infotainment helps.

Tell

Staff member
Unfortuantely I do have a problem.
Every now and then the time showing up on the dash is +1 h ahead of the actual time. I've seen on one occasion that it was +15 minutes ahead. Has the tendency to scare the sh***t out of me.
Only a reboot of the infotainment helps.
The +1 hour or -1 hour can be linked to a bug they had in the time being taken from GPS you toggle that on and off and fixes it. Seat started to ship them with don't take time from GPS to fix it a few years back. I toggle back to take time from GPS. Only the mib2 standard I've seen that on. Never seen 15 min variation. The one I'm talking about is where it gets confused with GMT and the offset to local time. That they might have fixed. Theory is the new Mib2 standard lock onto three or so different GPS systems from the American original, Russian and Chinese. Manages to mess up the time in the process. That's my theory on that.

We are talking about 2016 on. So they altered their pre delivery instructions so the fault didn't show up unless you were picking up the system time via GPS. I switched mine to GPS as the source. It was on the mib2 standard where it occurs. When the Arona comes out of the garage it sometimes has that one hour drift. Holding your finger on the on/off for a reset sorts it out. Another solution.

Reactions: notabenem

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
The +1 hour or -1 hour can be linked to a bug they had in the time being taken from GPS you toggle that on and off and fixes it. Seat started to ship them with don't take time from GPS to fix it a few years back. I toggle back to take time from GPS. Only the mib2 standard I've seen that on. Never seen 15 min variation. The one I'm talking about is where it gets confused with GMT and the offset to local time. That they might have fixed. Theory is the new Mib2 standard lock onto three or so different GPS systems from the American original, Russian and Chinese. Manages to mess up the time in the process. That's my theory on that.

We are talking about 2016 on. So they altered their pre delivery instructions so the fault didn't show up unless you were picking up the system time via GPS. I switched mine to GPS as the source. It was on the mib2 standard where it occurs. When the Arona comes out of the garage it sometimes has that one hour drift. Holding your finger on the on/off for a reset sorts it out. Another solution.
I've noticed on my MIB2 High that when the clocks are adjusted for Summer/Winter time, as soon as I unlock the car the time shows correctly on the display between the speedo and tachometer, thats before opening the door!

Reactions: Tell
Jan 9, 2024
Hello all,
I would like to update firmware on my MIB2 system and to have full link system working.
Here are HW and software installed on my seat leon 5F 2016:
Sw: MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0245T
Hw: 5QA035846
Sw version: H25.14.78_STD2Nav_EU

I would like to upgrade the firmware with following version:
MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0253T

I downloaded it from mibsolution.one
Do you see any problems? Should it be compatibile with my system? Will be full link system working? I have also read in this forum about issues on USB not working after Firmware update..could it be a risk?

Tell

Staff member
It should be fine. Whatever you had before you retain. If you didn't have full link you won't get it with a normal firmware update. If you have it now, you retain it. The only reported issues is where people have paid for custom performance screens from retrofitters then they loose them in a firmware update. The T at the end means they are unmodified original.

You might find SD card better than USB. Normal Fat32.

Reactions: salvo st87
Jan 9, 2024
It should be fine. Whatever you had before you retain. If you didn't have full link you won't get it with a normal firmware update. If you have it now, you retain it. The only reported issues is where people have paid for custom performance screens from retrofitters then they loose them in a firmware update. The T at the end means they are unmodified original.

You might find SD card better than USB. Normal Fat32.
Hello Tell, thank you so much for your quick and detailed feedback.I do not have full link right now.
Can you suggest me where I can find a solution in order to have also it installed, please? The solution I found is P0253T (so with T final)

Tell

Staff member
Hello Tell, thank you so much for your quick and detailed feedback.I do not have full link right now.
Can you suggest me where I can find a solution in order to have also it installed, please? The solution I found is P0253T (so with T final)
The boards retrofit sponsor offers this service:

Have a read of that. You might want to get it on 253 first. They also sell that update. Full link is controlled by a FeC.

Whilst FeC editting on mib2 highs is a diy task. The tool kits for mib2 standard on Seat to do this activity is more tricky hence why you need an expert. Least that's my understanding.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
I need to sell my MIB2 unit that I bought now the Leon has gone. Is the best place on the forum or do we think FB groups or eBay? Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2024
Hey i have seat leon 2016 MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0241T and i want to update the software, i searched on mibsolution and i couldn't find the right software for me , does anyone have a link for it?
1000026556.jpg

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hey i have seat leon 2016 MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0241T and i want to update the software, i searched on mibsolution and i couldn't find the right software for me , does anyone have a link for it?

It's there on the mibsolution, I believe.
253 seems like the latest version for you.

1708331097828.png

Reactions: przebiegly

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
What about 516 ?

There are different software branches (they say "trains") for different devices.
Yours is 02xx and you should use updates for your train.
Trying to update to a version for a different software train is not recommended.

Feb 19, 2024
There are different software branches (they say "trains") for different devices.
Yours is 02xx and you should use updates for your train.
Trying to update to a version for a different software train is not recommended.
So the last one is 253 when i update it i can't go higher?

Tell

Staff member
Can you help me do it?
It's dangerous. The units are like old fashioned microcomputer if you put something into memory where it boots from they won't boot up. You'll find solutions on the net of opening them up and shorting pins. These techniques were learnt by people that played with these unit, but given you probably only have one and they aren't cheap you wouldn't want to mess it up.

Basically there were five or so trains in the five year life of mib2 standard. Each train got maintenance over that period so the fix is on the train, you were not suppose to update across trains. People want to swap to the more recent trains since it has tiles rather than the rotating screens. Just for the user side of things etc.

On here the experts tell you to get back on the train you came from. There are mods and that's when they get told to revert back.

Reactions: serdar_18fr
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise