SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Tell

Staff member
It should be fine. Whatever you had before you retain. If you didn't have full link you won't get it with a normal firmware update. If you have it now, you retain it. The only reported issues is where people have paid for custom performance screens from retrofitters then they loose them in a firmware update. The T at the end means they are unmodified original.

You might find SD card better than USB. Normal Fat32.

Reactions: salvo st87
Jan 9, 2024
It should be fine. Whatever you had before you retain. If you didn't have full link you won't get it with a normal firmware update. If you have it now, you retain it. The only reported issues is where people have paid for custom performance screens from retrofitters then they loose them in a firmware update. The T at the end means they are unmodified original.

You might find SD card better than USB. Normal Fat32.
Hello Tell, thank you so much for your quick and detailed feedback.I do not have full link right now.
Can you suggest me where I can find a solution in order to have also it installed, please? The solution I found is P0253T (so with T final)

Tell

Staff member
Hello Tell, thank you so much for your quick and detailed feedback.I do not have full link right now.
Can you suggest me where I can find a solution in order to have also it installed, please? The solution I found is P0253T (so with T final)
The boards retrofit sponsor offers this service:

Have a read of that. You might want to get it on 253 first. They also sell that update. Full link is controlled by a FeC.

Whilst FeC editting on mib2 highs is a diy task. The tool kits for mib2 standard on Seat to do this activity is more tricky hence why you need an expert. Least that's my understanding.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
I need to sell my MIB2 unit that I bought now the Leon has gone. Is the best place on the forum or do we think FB groups or eBay? Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2024
Hey i have seat leon 2016 MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0241T and i want to update the software, i searched on mibsolution and i couldn't find the right software for me , does anyone have a link for it?
1000026556.jpg

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Hey i have seat leon 2016 MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0241T and i want to update the software, i searched on mibsolution and i couldn't find the right software for me , does anyone have a link for it?

It's there on the mibsolution, I believe.
253 seems like the latest version for you.

1708331097828.png

Reactions: przebiegly

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
What about 516 ?

There are different software branches (they say "trains") for different devices.
Yours is 02xx and you should use updates for your train.
Trying to update to a version for a different software train is not recommended.

Feb 19, 2024
There are different software branches (they say "trains") for different devices.
Yours is 02xx and you should use updates for your train.
Trying to update to a version for a different software train is not recommended.
So the last one is 253 when i update it i can't go higher?

Tell

Staff member
Can you help me do it?
It's dangerous. The units are like old fashioned microcomputer if you put something into memory where it boots from they won't boot up. You'll find solutions on the net of opening them up and shorting pins. These techniques were learnt by people that played with these unit, but given you probably only have one and they aren't cheap you wouldn't want to mess it up.

Basically there were five or so trains in the five year life of mib2 standard. Each train got maintenance over that period so the fix is on the train, you were not suppose to update across trains. People want to swap to the more recent trains since it has tiles rather than the rotating screens. Just for the user side of things etc.

On here the experts tell you to get back on the train you came from. There are mods and that's when they get told to revert back.

Reactions: serdar_18fr

Tell

Staff member
what`s the best way of adding fec via the gem menu ?
If we are talking mib2 standard there aren't many people round here familiar with the mib2 toolbox for doing that. None I've come across. Reckon it's tied up with the trains. Mr Fixit bashes on about it in his videos but you need to be careful. On the Skoda side with TMC the solution was developed from Ozzie experience but the warning was you'll wreck your unit if you don't know what you are doing with the toolbox. A skilled programmer rewrote some of the map modules in the support files to avoid the toolkit for the tmc code group change. The solution posted on this site. The original Ozzie solution was washing it through the mib2 standard toolkit. We were saved as far as Inrix concerned and the little knowledge around here on the mib2 standard toolbox in question.

Basically if it like the high one it grafts itself into a module of the firmware then you are away but that graft won't take if the code hasn't been written. Mib2 high version tests for that. Comes with assorted files for each. Mib2 standard I'm sure will be similar. Complicated by the trains of mib2 standard... least what I think is going on. Skoda users they may have better mastered that one.

Mib2 high it's the toolkit or 1447AIO which calls the toolkit.... I believe Obdeleven allows existing FeC licences to be reinstalled only.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
If we are talking mib2 standard there aren't many people round here familiar with the mib2 toolbox for doing that. None I've come across. Reckon it's tied up with the trains. Mr Fixit bashes on about it in his videos but you need to be careful. On the Skoda side with TMC the solution was developed from Ozzie experience but the warning was you'll wreck your unit if you don't know what you are doing with the toolbox. A skilled programmer rewrote some of the map modules in the support files to avoid the toolkit for the tmc code group change. The solution posted on this site. The original Ozzie solution was washing it through the mib2 standard toolkit. We were saved as far as Inrix concerned and the little knowledge around here on the mib2 standard toolbox in question.

Basically if it like the high one it grafts itself into a module of the firmware then you are away but that graft won't take if the code hasn't been written. Mib2 high version tests for that. Comes with assorted files for each. Mib2 standard I'm sure will be similar. Complicated by the trains of mib2 standard... least what I think is going on. Skoda users they may have better mastered that one.

Mib2 high it's the toolkit or 1447AIO which calls the toolkit.... I believe Obdeleven allows existing FeC licences to be reinstalled only.
mib std yes

https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/30123/

it does exist you can do it with obd11 or even vcds with EOL security access which i do not have.
i do not have obd11 either so was hoping i could do it another way.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.