Deleted enginge code but light still on, now car not running right!

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Hi buddy, like said above if you've got an android phone then all you need to read the engine codes is this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V1-5-ELM3...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item53fc787f0b and the Torque app on your phone, job done for less than £12. If you want to read the codes on other modules in the car, ( brakes, climate control, central locking etc etc) then you will need VCDS which is a couple of hundred quid for the genuine one! Torque app can read and reset all the engine codes plus you can read the data from it as you are driving and display it on gauges or graphs of your choice. If you've got an Iphone, then thats your fault for having an iphone, lol

VCDS can be had for £12 ;) http://dx.com/p/jtron-090035-can-vag-com11-11-car-diagnostic-tool-black-232902

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Last edited:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Ah right lee, yeah i see mate. Haven't been on here for a while, wondered how long it would be before someone cracked it like that, haven't seen that lead before.
Guess when you charge so much for what only costs them a few quid, the makers of VCDS have only got themselves to blame.
I remember the pain of paying for my genuine lead all too well :cry:

I believe the lead appears to cost so much because they don't directly charge for the software, the technology to unlock the software is in the cable itself which I think is a smart way of doing it, you aren't paying £200 for a cable, you're paying £200 for the cable, the software and the time and effort to develop and create the kit.

I think the reason they offer the software free is because they know its easier for people to pirate and crack software, very few attempts at making a working cable have been successful though hence why the cost is attached seemingly directly to the cable.

scoobykiller

iv replaced lamba sensor with a known working one, car seems to run alot better but now im getting a flashing engine stop light? best order a cable as mine wont connect the diagnostic to the laptop the piece off sh*te lol

scoobykiller

no signs on except abs light an the one underneath it what ever that is? abs on as got a dogey cable on the passenger side just waiting for the postman ;) could it be coil pack?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
So it'd work on my 2010 LCR then?

It's not a big outlay but if I know it won't work I won't bother and will eventually buy the legit cable when I have enough spare cash.

Would just be nice to have in the car should I need it.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
yep. bank 1 sensor 1 is main control lambda
bank1 sensor 2 is post cat emissions lambda and the one which will moan when its decatted unless you have a correct map which deals with the code.

bank 2 stuff are for V motors... left hand right hand bank etc

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.