Flat spot in third.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I am planning on a new clutch asap as it does boost around 15 psi but I don't want to push my luck, I still have the paddle clutch but I really want something that I can control in heavy traffic

Contact bill@badger5 for advice on what clutches he recommends.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I didn't think a stock ko4 could get to them number's but....

K04 variant turbo engines tend to tune to 285bhp 300lbft+ at STAGE2 (torque limited due to weak rods stage2 with rods 340lbft+)

Who did the remap?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
MRC tuning did the map, I bought a ecu setup as I kept getting a fault on my other ecu which had a map from r tech . I bought the car in all good faith as the guy said its had everything done to it and I wont need to spend a penny, how wrong was he, lesson learned.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
How long have you owned the car? Driven for like this? Long period of time should of bent a rod. Do you know if the rods have been changed?

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
ive had it since December last year, but only swapped the ecu over 4 months ago, not sure about the rods being changed, I could email the guy but he would probably lie, as found loads that he said he had done and hasnt

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Email and ask. Won't hurt. Bent rod you would notice straight away.... Imagen a knocking sound from the bottom of the engine.

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
I will message him now, I don't have any knocking noises, the only noise I have is that from the link on my other thread regarding strange noise which only appears when has run for a bit.

sent you a PM

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
17795 control module malfunction internal altitude pressure sensor
All sign's point to bad ECU/file.
Maybe they could reflash the map and solve the issue but doubtful.

Now you got me wondering why there map would/if it did kill the ECU?
If I was you I'd take it there and ask why this has happened just out of interest.
Again May NOT be the map but from what I read it's a memory block that's crapped out. Memory block where the file sits?
Not Sure on that as there in minimal info on this but it's an interesting one.

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
I break up for a week in 3 weeks so I will swap everything back and take a road trip to them and see what they say. I had 2 other codes that came up with 17795, the other 2 was 17695 boost pressure control valve and 16490 manifold barometric pressure sensor g71 f96 p0106 35 00 implausible signal but they all went when I swapped the ecu etc over

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
No dramas. If talking helps. That's why we are here. That and a love for a neat hot hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Always had an issue with things I love, just can't stop myself from commenting.
Like above, sorry about the amount of post by myself here. Must be some sort of OCD as I get older

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.