Altech's Ibiza, Replacement Is Here! Can You Guess What It Is? Pg 33

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
The bit surrounding my de-badged grill is wheel colour too :)

Trust me, it'll look the bee's knee's! :D

Really got to paint the bits behind my grills/fog lights black!

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Thanks for the replies,

The badge was really easy to do. I'd had the idea of doing it for ages, but only got round to it whilst changing the bumper.

All i did was remove the centre grille from the bumper and pop out the 's' badge. The actual bits i painted red are attached to the grille and not to the chrome badge. The only red paint i had hanging around was the paint that i used to do my brake callipers, Might not be the most suitable paint but it did the job. 2 coats with a touch up brush and it was done.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
I was looking for a while for the centre caps. They are origional Seat parts but i got them of ebay for 4 quid brand new!
I think you can probably get them from a dealer as they look the same as the Cupra alloy centre caps. They are 55mm.

ph2858 - the splitter and front bumper is all thanks to Guiness, as i bought it off him after he wrote off his car.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Cheers Josh, I'll definitly be getting it lowered in the new year, sod the drive!!:lol:

I'll put up a thread of how i did my wheels soon. The only power tool i used was a drill and flap wheel to grind down the old paint. Most of it was hard work using my hands and plenty of sandpaper!

I used aerosol cans to spray the wheels.

Cheers Josh, I'll definitly be getting it lowered in the new year, sod the drive!!:lol:

I'll put up a thread of how i did my wheels soon. The only power tool i used was a drill and flap wheel to grind down the old paint. Most of it was hard work using my hands and plenty of sandpaper!

I used aerosol cans to spray the wheels.

Looks so good I thought it must have been a spray gun at least! How the f**k did you manage that!? Fancy doing mine?? :lol:

Be interesting to see how they hold out to the elements.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
It was actually quite easy. Wheels and other small parts are the only times i'd use aerosols as they're crap for doing pannels and stuff.

Not really the best time of year to put new wheels on, but i suppose it'll be a good test. I sprayed on a few coats of laquer so they should be ok.

Deleted member 13581

Looks minted mate.

Wheels are smart. And the bumper is perfect.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Altech - do you have the receipt for your centre caps still? I need the part number so I can get some for my Tavvy wheels too. :) Cheers! :D

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Cheers Guinness. Im really pleased with the front end now, can't stop looking at it!! Just need to get the rear end sorted out.

How's your car comming along? you got any pics up yet?

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Ibiza 130 - i bought them off ebay so didn't get a invoice. I would pop one off and give you the number, but i don't want to risk chipping the paint!

I'm sure if you go into Seat and ask for the ibiza cupra centre caps (which i think are what i have?) they'll know what you mean. Just make sure they're 55mm. Or you could get lucky and get a bargain of ebay like me :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise