Front Right Knocking

roney1986

No vibration, but it seems like crystal-clear and AndrewJB have the same problem as me! My car is due its first MOT next Friday and I am unsure what to do!

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
well fitted two new drop links and noise is still there been to 3 different garages and none of them can find a fault looks like its going to the dealers.

roney1986

As I mentioned before, my car is due for M.O.T soon so we replaced the front brake discs and pads last night. Drove home and unbelievably all the rattles and noises have gone! Seems strange but it seems to be cured!!

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
Mine has this knocking noise now. Mine does it with the back disc's.
Cupra has 59k on the clock and rear disc are well lipped and warped letting the disc catch the calliper when the brakes warm up. As soon as you stop braking the sound goes away.

So new discs and pads it is then... ;-)

Last edited:

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Top Mounts

Ive not ruled them out but the lad who changed my springs said they were ok, would they not make the noise while going over speed bumps? mine seems to make the noise while going over pot holes or uneven road rather than spped bumps which has got me thinking could it be the front arb bushes?

Last edited:

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Got it booked into seat dealers but not untill 9th april. They said the technician will have a test drive and quick look but if further investigation is required itll cost £65 is this correct?

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Seat have just give mine a road test he said the top mounts are heavy duty and shouldnt go on the leons??? so he ruled them out, drop links have been done he said they had one in last week and with it being lowered it was the arb hitting the drive shaft on the drivers side. Ive told him mine has done this since I got it and it was doing this before it was lowered and the noise is getting worse and worse so its booked in next mon so they can have a look.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Could this be anti roll bar bushes?
For the DIY people have you removed both anti roll bar links and road tested? If the noise is gone its anti roll bar if you've already replaced the links

Sent from my iPhone

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Just got back from seat he said he can hear the nocking noise but cant see want wrong with it he wants my std front springs put back on before they start changing parts even though av told them it done this before I put my spotline springs on :mad: I also asked if any mounts or bushes have gone he said their all thick and heavy duty and should not need replacing. Im getting sick of this car now but have spent £££££ on it.

crystal-clear

I have finally cured this problem on my car... it turns out my front right caliper spring had made a bid for freedom.. and the pads were wobbling around in the caliper. Very odd, as you would not associate this with a knocking noise, but that was what it was.

Car: Leon II Cupra 2.0 TFSI 240

msc5

Oddly enough I had a noise like this on my Leon TFSI, and was convinced is was a suspension issue. However, the door made a similar 'clunking' sound when opened fully. I greased the moving parts of the door, and the noise went. (Unlikely to be the same simple solution for you, but thought worth a post...)

msc5

What I've not been able to address is a 'rubbing/humming' sound from the offside front wheel area, which is only audible at speed (>60 mph), and when the wheel turns to the right (even a little bit). The local dealer suggested it was the guard associated with the brakes, and adjusted this - but it's made no difference. Any ideas please? Thanks

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
still no problem found mechanic can hear it but cannot find anythink wrong. my heads done in now looks like im just going to have to live with it.

johnpem

mine was doing the same, i have the mk2 leon TDI sport, anyway cut a long story short the teeth on the N/S drive shaft went yesterday, get it checked.

Peter 87

Aug 23, 2011
Been back to seat today mines back in next week as they found that the drivers side steering arm was knocking.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise