Share your experience of Android-Auto, Apple Carplay, Mirrorlink

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
It will show what you have in the menu :)

:lol: ^^ or you can do this...

If you can see Mirrorlink or Full Link on menus try selecting it, if it prompts you to get an activation code then it means you don't have it and will have to wait until Seat release activation code.

Last edited:

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
I suppose it differs for different markets, but I was able to order my MY16 Cupra with Full Link but without any sat nav, which was just what I wanted. At less than £150 it's a bargain since I'd rather use the nav app of my choice in the phone. Though, if Android auto will support Google Maps and maybe Waze I'm very well ready to bin my Iphone in favour for an Android one.

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
SEAT MirrorLink instructions from owner's manual

Here are the instructions for MirrorLink from my SEAT NAVI SYSTEM PLUS owner's manual that came with my 2 week old ST CUPRA MY15 with Navigation High - hope it's readable!

IMG_20150713_102044_zpsgac45sh3.jpg

IMG_20150713_102159_zpspwipie80.jpg

IMG_20150713_102232202_zpsn0y48qz8.jpg

Last edited:

nimdy

Jun 10, 2015
How are people getting on with Android Auto? My dealer has told me my Leon should be built this week and so depending on shipping times, I might have it by the end of the month.

I'm looking forward to Android Auto though I think it is in its infancy. Hopefully it progresses soon.

AndyGrey

Jan 17, 2008
Blyth, Northumberland
I emails SEAT UK over the weekend about Full Link and got this reply:

Many thanks for contacting SEAT UK Customer Services regarding the Full Link option on your SEAT Leon Cupra 280.

I can confirm that this is a factory fitted option only. Full Link cannot be retro fitted to the vehicle once it leaves the SEAT Factory.

I understand this is not the news you wanted to hear and I apologise for any disappointment this may cause.

If you wish to discuss this further, please contact me using the details below.

Once again, thank you for contacting SEAT UK.

Kind regards

Sorry if I'm returning to old ground and just confirming what everyone already knows!

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Thanks Andy, so from that do we assume that the experienced amoung us can't even swap the headunit/brain unit and achieve it. Ie from Mirror to Full. Then again if so they wouldn't want to advertise that you can.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
They won't tell you anything, if you asked if they could retro fit the interior LED lights they'd tell you it wasn't possible. They don't want the hassle of it and the dealers don't want to get involved in it.

I believe there's some kind of component protection system so I don't think it's as easy as buying a new headunit off eBay and sticking it in.

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
Thanks, I'll be happy to answer any other questions :)

Your welcome buddy!

How do you have iOS 9 haha, I don't think it's released in the UK yet.

But anyway when I upgrade my iphone to iOS 9 I won't be able to use it in my Leon? :wtf:

What is your SEAT dealership saying about this? :rolleyes:

Boxer

Jul 11, 2015
Your welcome buddy!

How do you have iOS 9 haha, I don't think it's released in the UK yet.

But anyway when I upgrade my iphone to iOS 9 I won't be able to use it in my Leon? :wtf:

What is your SEAT dealership saying about this? :rolleyes:

I have a developer account, so I can download the iOS 9 beta. It's just Spotify that doesn't work under iOS 9 for the moment. When iOS 9 will be available this fall Spotify will update the app so there will be no problem anymore.

Further CarPlay works fine with iOS 9.

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
I have a developer account, so I can download the iOS 9 beta. It's just Spotify that doesn't work under iOS 9 for the moment. When iOS 9 will be available this fall Spotify will update the app so there will be no problem anymore.

Further CarPlay works fine with iOS 9.

Cool, that's what I thought you meant but I just wanted to make sure. I wonder if iphone running Cydia will work? ;)

Spclayton

Jul 12, 2015
Great video. Just awaiting the activation code from the dealer now so I can try it out. Do the steering controls still work well with apple car play music?

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
You can't and won't get an activation code to enable Full Link I'm afraid. Once the car has left the factory, it's too late to fit it

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
Having picked my MY16 ST Cupra with Full Link I can confirm as per Boxer's video. Plugged my iPhone 6 in to the USB port with an Apple cable and almost instantly I was navigating around. The dealer had more Apple CarPlay apps so you can swipe between the pages like you would on an iPhone.

Spotify works as you would expect it on an iPhone. Not tried any of the Siri stuff. You have to enable Siri for the link between the phone and car to work.

Further, the new head unit / stereo hardware is MUCH quicker than in MY15 and the resolution is also MUCH better. Navigation routes are calculated more quickly too. Also you don't get any cables with that car like you did with earlier versions of the car.

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
Oh yes. The Nav/stereo handbook has plenty of detail about FullLink and how to use it etc as well as Mirroink and Android Auto

Spclayton

Jul 12, 2015
The dealer seems to think I can get activation code. I have the new MY16 Leon ST with full link on the options within the menu. When you select it you get the message of "contact dealer for activation code". I'm hoping my dealer gets more info/training on the system as everyone there seems a little clueless with full link.