'problem' on starting

Hirdmeister

When I start my FR Tdi 150 after a long period (overnight etc) and when the car has cooled down, get 3 warning beeps and the light on my temperature guage flashes until i stop the engine when its got some heat into it and then re-start it, no flashing or sounds.

Any idea whats causing this..... and it worth taking to dealers for some warranty action?

Ta

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
When I start my FR Tdi 150 after a long period (overnight etc) and when the car has cooled down, get 3 warning beeps and the light on my temperature guage flashes until i stop the engine when its got some heat into it and then re-start it, no flashing or sounds.

Any idea whats causing this..... and it worth taking to dealers for some warranty action?

Ta

Sounds like a faulty coolant temp sensor - very common problem on VAG's Do a quick searchy and you should find threads with similar symptoms!

Edit: Heres a starter for ten... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=156324&highlight=temperature+beeps

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Its not the coolant sensor its the low coolant sensor. Mine does it in winter so I over filled it slightly and that stopped it. Unless of course its beeping due to low level from coolant loss. (They can beep even when the level is correct)
Glynn