This "MOO" type noise

leedebs

Dec 12, 2006
Ok had the Leon into the dealer a few times now & mysteriously enough no "mooing"noise when they need to hear it, I know the diesels make a noise but this noise is really spoiling the car for me:(
May have to visit another dealer because apart from offering an ECU update they won't change either the N75 or EGR valve to see if they can resolve this
Don't suppose it being a company car helps
Can anyone tell me exactly where the egr or N75 valve (preferably with piccies) is so that I can maybe try to pinpoint the noise myself:shrug:
btw I searched the moo noise and it appears that early Audi A2's seemed to suffer this and there was a mod done to resolve the problem, wonder if Seat know of this?

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Never had of a Moo-ing noise. Sure you don't have an escaped cattle herd in your boot? In all seriousness, I hope it is sorted for you

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Ok had the Leon into the dealer a few times now & mysteriously enough no "mooing"noise when they need to hear it, I know the diesels make a noise but this noise is really spoiling the car for me:(
May have to visit another dealer because apart from offering an ECU update they won't change either the N75 or EGR valve to see if they can resolve this
Don't suppose it being a company car helps
Can anyone tell me exactly where the egr or N75 valve (preferably with piccies) is so that I can maybe try to pinpoint the noise myself:shrug:
btw I searched the moo noise and it appears that early Audi A2's seemed to suffer this and there was a mod done to resolve the problem, wonder if Seat know of this?

I had a 2.0L tdi up until recently. It had what I described as an owl like noise which was made worse after I mapped it. This was one of the reasons i got rid of it for a Cupra :p

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
i had a noise on my fr tdi and the dealers changed the egr ect to no avail i seached the forums and found one about the solenoid on the bulk head its black and if you get some one to rev the engine with your hand on the solenoid you can feel the noise got them to change it now its ok , its worth a try

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
my van does it,not seat i know,but it comes from the fuel filler on my van(right by the drivers door) almost like a moo/fart noise.

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
Had the 'mooing' noise cured yesterday.:D if it is the same as mine it happens as you come off the throttle especially noticeable in stop start traffic. Garage traced it to the N75 Valve and no amount of fiddling with the mount cured it so they replaced unit under warranty (luckily had one in stock) Noise gone!!!!! Not sure what N75 Valve does but car felt better for having it changed or maybe it was just my heavy right foot:p
The N75 Valve is attached to the bulkhead behind the engine approx central to engine bay. can supply picture later if required.

Paul

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
N75 Valve as pointed out to me.

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

pr0ton

May 28, 2006
Not sure what N75 Valve does but car felt better for having it changed or maybe it was just my heavy right foot:p

It's a boost pressure solenoid. ECU uses it to control boost.

edit: ...I guess yours was leaking

Last edited:

leedebs

Dec 12, 2006
thats what they replacsd on mine cured the noise

Popped into the dealer again yesterday as the noise was noticeable.
Parked up switched off and a guy came out.........took it out for a spin & no noise :shrug:but when we pulled back up at the garage I did manage to get the noise (albeit only slightly) I also mentioned the N75 valve and that by replacing this it had cured the problem) and he popped the bonnet to show me that on the standard 2.0 tdi the valve is different from the FR, on the Fr he said the mounting could vibrate but not on the standard model:confused: is he palming me off?

When I got home I had someone rev the throttle while I held the valve & tbh I can't feel any vibration, maybe it's notthe same problem?
Also the noise on mine is when I accelerate on part throttle not when I lift off as some have experienced

I also notice that if I blip the throttle when it is making this noise that the actual throttle movement seems stiff, hard to describe but when its not making the noise the throttle pedal travels & revs smoothly

leedebs

Dec 12, 2006
N75 Valve as pointed out to me.

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

Thanks for the photos but mine doesn't look anything like that!
Mine has a large black module that the mechanic told me is combined on my version
I'll try get a photo up

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise