Millers Diesel Power Sport 4 (DPS4)

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Had a couple PM's about this now so I've asked if it would be ok to post this info and it got the OK.

All tests/analysis was carried out by Accrington and Rossendale College and Millbrook proving ground Ltd. Ricardo were used to carry out Engine tests.

Some of these graphs are a bit beyond me, I had someone explain to me but it was Monday morning and I hadn't had enough coffee.

Piston CleanUp
cb5.jpg

Injector CleanUp
cb2.jpg

Injector CleanUp (Closer Look)
cb4.jpg

Injector Fouling
cb3.jpg

Injector Blocking
cb1.jpg

Emissions
cb9.jpg

Power Curve
cb7.jpg

Torque Curve
cb6.jpg

RPM vs Power
cb8.jpg

Please comment - good and bad :)

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Not had the remap yet for the hybrid and have reduced torque up to 2500 rpm but its as quick as it was before the turbo died, even with little pull below 2500 rpm.
Planning a trip to RS tuning end of the month to get the new map at £500!
Plan to get it mapped to around 220.
Glynn

brad1

Not had the remap yet for the hybrid and have reduced torque up to 2500 rpm but its as quick as it was before the turbo died, even with little pull below 2500 rpm.
Planning a trip to RS tuning end of the month to get the new map at £500!
Plan to get it mapped to around 220.
Glynn

you should get it mapped to about 230 - 240 mate

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Stock injectors will not allow that sort of output and remeber its done 135k now.
Better to be safe than sorry as been sorry already after the new turbo and clutch due to it being maxed out at near 200.
Be warnd all of you with daft outputs on small turbos, particularly strugers at 194hp. it will all end in tears somewhere!
Glynn

brad1

Stock injectors will not allow that sort of output and remeber its done 135k now.
Better to be safe than sorry as been sorry already after the new turbo and clutch due to it being maxed out at near 200.
Be warnd all of you with daft outputs on small turbos, particularly strugers at 194hp. it will all end in tears somewhere!
Glynn

who knows mate, with his 194bhp, but the saying is all good things come to an end lol

strugers1

my turbo aint mapped hard though remember only to 176bhp!!its the cooling of the turbo which has given me my extra bhp not boosting the turbo more!!! i only got the 194bhp after fmic cooled my engine by lots of degrees

Dave H

Mar 12, 2007
Perth, Scotland
I like the positive point of view, but is there not thoughts of deterioration to other parts of the engine to consider? I would like to think that I now have a more cleaner engine that allows more efficient combustion. I used it every tank for about 10,000 miles, and for the last 2,000 miles every second tank.

Anyone use the 5 litre bottle? what equipment do you use to get your 25ml single dose? Im looking to buy a 5 litre bottle as opposed to the 250ml bottles. (I presume there is no way to reuse a 250 ml bottle) (I know this may have been asked before, as have read about this practice of buying 5 litres a few months ago, but now is not that easy to locate that particular post again to see what equipment people are using.)

I like the stuff so will continue to use it :)

Last edited:

T. Spark

my turbo aint mapped hard though remember only to 176bhp!!its the cooling of the turbo which has given me my extra bhp not boosting the turbo more!!! i only got the 194bhp after fmic cooled my engine by lots of degrees

Deffo mate, deffo, my old turbo wasnt mapped hard thought remember only to 184bhp its the cooling of the turbo which has given me my extra bhp not boosting the turbo more!!! I only got the 202bhp after due to the FMIC, Exhaust, Filter, PD160 air intake + performance panel filter oh and remap!

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I like the positive point of view, but is there not thoughts of deterioration to other parts of the engine to consider? I would like to think that I now have a more cleaner engine that allows more efficient combustion. I used it every tank for about 10,000 miles, and for the last 2,000 miles every second tank.

Anyone use the 5 litre bottle? what equipment do you use to get your 25ml single dose? Im looking to buy a 5 litre bottle as opposed to the 250ml bottles. (I presume there is no way to reuse a 250 ml bottle) (I know this may have been asked before, as have read about this practice of buying 5 litres a few months ago, but now is not that easy to locate that particular post again to see what equipment people are using.)

I like the stuff so will continue to use it :)

What other parts are you thinknig of?

Another really good benefit of using DPS4 is the added lubricity of the fuel pump, this can only be a good thing.

The bottles can't be refilled :( - They have a small plastic valve in the neck, II shall see what other people use that buy the 5L's.

Dave H

Mar 12, 2007
Perth, Scotland
What other parts are you thinknig of?

A pipette and 50ml bottle would be very useful, I remember a post that the millers additive was eating through certain plastic bottles. I also thought a pipette or measauring tube would be needed. Certainly interested in the 5l bottle, but I would only be using 50ml per fill up so what is the safest and easiest way to measure 50 ml (from the large 5l bottle) and store 50ml of the chemical while in transit?
Ta

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
When I used to use DPS4, I bought some transparent HDPE plastic bottles off Ebay (100ml I think), and knocked up a snugly-fitting rack to hold them in.
I then nestled the rack down the side of the boot carpet, so the bottles were always easily available when filling up with fuel.

Sad eh ?

DSC00217.JPG

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
A pipette and 50ml bottle would be very useful, I remember a post that the millers additive was eating through certain plastic bottles. I also thought a pipette or measauring tube would be needed. Certainly interested in the 5l bottle, but I would only be using 50ml per fill up so what is the safest and easiest way to measure 50 ml (from the large 5l bottle) and store 50ml of the chemical while in transit?
Ta

Yes DPS4 does eat through bottles if left long enough and if the bottles arn't flourinated.

However if your planning on storing them for a short period of time (2-3weeks) then the plastic should be fine.

Little 50ml glass jars with sealed lids would be the best bet :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GLASS-SQUARE-...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I'm going to make up a little rack for under my boot carpet like Muddy did, and store two of these 50ml bottles in there. Perfect :)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Just remembered I've still got half a 5-litre can of DPS4 sat in an outbuilding.

I bought it at start of 2007 soon after it was launched, I wonder if Millers have changed the formula since then, and also if there are any issues with it having been stored after opening for 18 months or so ?

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Glad I have been using it for so long.

SO, a little challenge! Who can find the cheapest UK source for it? Anywhere that can beat £59,99 all in would be nice. :D

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Glad I have been using it for so long.

SO, a little challenge! Who can find the cheapest UK source for it? Anywhere that can beat £59,99 all in would be nice. :D

I bought mine at about £70 delivered earlier this year, then some helpful fella on here told me I could've got it cheaper at Fasteronline. :doh: I've checked since, and that's still the cheapest I can find it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise