Millers Diesel Power Sport 4 (DPS4)

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
A good few runs having a bit of fun will clean it up a bit, a new air filter can make a big difference to smoke as well (less so on the modern stuff that has better MAF sensors). I'd love to put the stuff to the test but I don't have the time to strip my engine or put it on "our" new engine dyno. (

matt@theforce

I'm not sure if DPS4 gives anymore power but on my remapped TDI it does make the acceleration much smoother and less sooty, I've also noticed a very small but noticable difference in MPG. I for one have been using it for the past 18months and will continue to use it.

just my 2p worth.

Robb1990

May 14, 2008
Ive got a non-PD engine and ive used nearly a full bottle of this stuff, must agree when its in the tank i notice the difference, its defiantly more responsive. Ill usually put some in ever couple of months or when i feel the car's been little sluggish over the last few days.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
I've always been happy running on this stuff. Not sure on the power/response front but I reckon the car is smoother running and quieter.

The biggest issue imo was the improvement in mpg following the changeover to DPS4. Both the Seat and the wife's Civic achieved a +2mpg improvement. I know variables etc., but all things being equall I will accept the results as for what they are. (The wife was not aware that I had been adding the stuff to her car until I told her).

All in all, both the Seat and the Civic are quieter and give more mpg so much so that through the life of a 5 litre bottle application, I worked out that it would save me £260 in fuel costs alone based on todays prices. That less the initial cost of £60 would leave me a net £200 saving based on a 2mpg improvement.

A 5 litre bottle should last about 50,000 miles depending upon your mpg (late forties).

My own laymen view on this stuff is that it brings standard fuel up to a performance fuel at a fraction of the cost. Obvoiusly mixing standard shell with DPS4 will not give you V Power, but I reckon that it won't be a million miles away from it.

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
I've started using it in my 2001 1.9Tdi 110 and I 'think' I've noticed a slight difference, it does seem to run smoother and quieter, can't say I've noticed much differance in power although it does feel a bit more responsive but most of my driving has been around town so far. Economy wise possibly a slight improvement on the one long journey I've done (maybe 2-3mpg) but still to early to tell.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
Cheapest place to buy 5 litres?

my 5 litre bottle is about to run out so i need to buy another soon, anybody recommend the cheapest place to buy another from? :shrug:

as this one has lasted nearly 2 years i think, i can't remember where i got this one from :rolleyes:

Deleted member 32025

I've ordered some of this, well the Ecomax that has now replaced it. Was £10 posted for 500ml, going to try it and see what its like. I'm not expecting anything to happen so I'll post again once i've used it once or twice.

Hopefully clean my 13 year old 120k engine..... or not.......

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
I've ordered some of this, well the Ecomax that has now replaced it. Was £10 posted for 500ml, going to try it and see what its like. I'm not expecting anything to happen so I'll post again once i've used it once or twice.

Hopefully clean my 13 year old 120k engine..... or not.......

Mine was £10.38 from Halfrauds Thats with Trade Discount Card as its normally £12.99
Yes its now called Diesel Power Ecomax meant to be a better improved product...
Next Fill up this wk will see first treatment of the new stuff....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise