Millers Diesel Power Sport 4 (DPS4)

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
organised I would say. So what do you use to get the DPS4 into the small bottles, is it easy to pour out a 5litre bottle direct to the small 100ml bottle? (I would have thought very awkward and result in spilling more than what was in the 100ml bottle)

Funnel? Most likely to pick one up from Wilkinsons for a quid.

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
I did a bit of research on this stuff prior to getting my car and from what I had read opinions were mixed, some swearing by it and others saying they could see no difference. My 2p worth. I've had the car for a month now and filled up 4 times.
1 £30 of Tesco diesel when I picked up the car
Wife commented when I got home that it seemed to smoke a bit as she followed me home.
Got me a bottle of MillersDP4 from ebay £11 delivered.
2 £40 Shell Vpower plus a dash of Millers.
Kept an eye on the smoke and it seemed to chuck quite a bit out, beginning to worry about it now.
3 £40 Shell Vpower plus splash of Millers.
Still smoking a bit when booting it but seemed less dense
4 £40 Shell Vpower plus splash of Millers.
Getting toward the end of this fill up now but the dense smoke has now gone altogether with just a fine haze when flooring it.
I'm now much happier and the engine does feel smoother, as to whether it's any more powerful I'm not sure as I'm getting used to it now.
So its a thumbs up from me :coolthumb

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Can't wait for the petrol version been released.

I think it will hit a much bigger audience, shall be interesting to see what petrol heads think about it.

Mary Hinge

Surely if you keep your engine in good condition by giving it regular oil/filter changes and the odd splash of injector cleaner plus driving the car properly you should never need this stuff.
All these additive companies slap a load of photos and data on their bottles but it doesn't prove it works. I thought a lot of manufacturers say you void your warranty if you use additives like this anyway.
People who say they get gains are usually experiencing the placebo effect. It's probably a very good way of emptying your wallet for no reason whatsoever.

Try running your car on snake oil and rocking horse s**t. It really works.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Surely if you keep your engine in good condition by giving it regular oil/filter changes and the odd splash of injector cleaner plus driving the car properly you should never need this stuff.
All these additive companies slap a load of photos and data on their bottles but it doesn't prove it works. I thought a lot of manufacturers say you void your warranty if you use additives like this anyway.
People who say they get gains are usually experiencing the placebo effect. It's probably a very good way of emptying your wallet for no reason whatsoever.

You obviously missed the first post in this thread, where independent testing with photos to back up the findings is posted. :lol:

Which manufacturers say that warranty is void for using fuel additives? :confused:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield

Its upto you if you trust info from Accrington/Rossendale Technical College, Millbrook proving ground Ltd and Ricardo.

Manufactorers will say anything to protect against warranty, just a shame most fuel products already contain a cocktail of 'additives'. If we wern't to use addtivies in fuel we wouldnt be able to put fuel in full stop.

It certainly makes my PD engine run sweet, but no doubt thats all in my head :rolleyes:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Surely if you keep your engine in good condition by giving it regular oil/filter changes and the odd splash of injector cleaner.....

....I thought a lot of manufacturers say you void your warranty if you use additives like this anyway.
Injector cleaner is just another additive like Millers - so why is using Millers any different to using injector cleaner ? Both would void your warranty if you were that concerned.

And different fuels contain different additives anyway - does it make any difference whether they are added before they come out of the pump, or afterwards ?

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Try running your car on snake oil and rocking horse s**t. It really works.[/QUOTE]

That will block the filler neck! Silly
Glynn

Last edited:

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
It's very misleading in the way they represent the data in that last picture, why did they feel the need to use much higher RPM in the "normal fuel" power test? 4397rmp where as the DPS4 averaged 3825rpm.

When you look at the figures for equivalent RPMs the figures are so close that they are within the margins of error caused by air or engine temperatures or differences in humidity and that's assuming they were run on the same car.

No DPS4
3817rpm 84.09kw

DPS4
3827rpm 84.30kw
3828rpm 83.76kw

The testing may have been done by Accrington and Rossendale College and Millbrook but the data was prepared for public consumption by the marketing department at Millers.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
It's very misleading in the way they represent the data in that last picture, why did they feel the need to use much higher RPM in the "normal fuel" power test? 4397rmp where as the DPS4 averaged 3825rpm.

When you look at the figures for equivalent RPMs the figures are so close that they are within the margins of error caused by air or engine temperatures or differences in humidity and that's assuming they were run on the same car.

No DPS4
3817rpm 84.09kw

DPS4
3827rpm 84.30kw
3828rpm 83.76kw

The testing may have been done by Accrington and Rossendale College and Millbrook but the data was prepared for public consumption by the marketing department at Millers.

I shall try clear this up.

What the data shows is that normal BS spec diesel produces 239.42Nm @ wheels with 2863RPM / DPS4 produces 240.56Nm @ wheels with 2473RPM. (saving of 390RPM)

Like wise for the power test, normal diesel 84.54kW @ wheels with 4397RPM / DPS4 84.25kW @ wheels with 3825RPM. (saving of 572RPM)

Conclusion - With DPS4 you can achieve the same amount of torque at a much lower RPM. This is where the fuel is saved with the octane boost. :funk:

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
I shall try clear this up.

What the data shows is that normal BS spec diesel produces 239.42Nm @ wheels with 2863RPM / DPS4 produces 240.56Nm @ wheels with 2473RPM. (saving of 390RPM)

Like wise for the power test, normal diesel 84.54kW @ wheels with 4397RPM / DPS4 84.25kW @ wheels with 3825RPM. (saving of 572RPM)

Conclusion - With DPS4 you can achieve the same amount of torque at a much lower RPM. This is where the fuel is saved with the octane boost. :funk:

No it doesn't!

It shows that BOTH with AND without DPS4 deliver the same torque within 0.3% between 2400 and 3200rpm, or 3700-5000 for the power runs. depresion was right in that it is very misleading.

• Ever seen a real torque curve like it? Nope, because its mechanically impossible.
  • Who does power runs in seconds??
  • The Dynamometer force is in N (Newtons) which is a SI unit of Weight. Why the hell are they measuring weight!?
  • The torque graphs are started at different times and are held at their peak for longer on the DPS4 runs to deliberately mislead (this is where Seconds instead of RPM come into play in their false marketing).
  • Id like to see an injector get that dirty, all you have to do it give the car a good run and it'll clean it up nicely.

EDIT: AND all the DPS4 power runs are at 3800rpm, where a standard diesel usually makes it peak power - the standard ones are hitting 5k!! Wayy after the peak unless it has a huge ass turbo!

What a complete load of drivel - I used this on my old TDi and must admit i didn't really feel much/if any benefit (probably a pseudo effect!) - this proves it! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
No it doesn't!

It shows that BOTH with AND without DPS4 deliver the same torque within 0.3% between 2400 and 3200rpm, or 3700-5000 for the power runs. depresion was right in that it is very misleading.

• Ever seen a real torque curve like it? Nope, because its mechanically impossible.
  • Who does power runs in seconds??
  • The Dynamometer force is in N (Newtons) which is a SI unit of Weight. Why the hell are they measuring weight!?
  • The torque graphs are started at different times and are held at their peak for longer on the DPS4 runs to deliberately mislead (this is where Seconds instead of RPM come into play in their false marketing).
  • Id like to see an injector get that dirty, all you have to do it give the car a good run and it'll clean it up nicely.

EDIT: AND all the DPS4 power runs are at 3800rpm, where a standard diesel usually makes it peak power - the standard ones are hitting 5k!! Wayy after the peak unless it has a huge ass turbo!

What a complete load of drivel - I used this on my old TDi and must admit i didn't really feel much/if any benefit (probably a pseudo effect!) - this proves it! :rolleyes:

......and heres me thinking I knew what i was on about :doh:

It surely has to produce some more power though? 4 Cetane numbers and all that..

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Maybe mate, but you honestly cant expect much from mixing it 1:1800 with pump fuel!? I would personally save your money and if you must - opt for V-Power instead.

I was honestly open minded about it having used 2 bottles in my old Phase 2 Ibiza Sport (Jenk's Car), but seeing that marketing rubbish has just made my stomach chunder! Mine ran its best ever on just V-Power (on a Euro Trip), but nothing ever made it less smokey!

Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
Ive been using Vpower for a good month or so now... its only about 0.50-1.00$ extra per fillup. Does bugger all but give me peice of mind that im trying to help the engine lol. This does seem a good idea, but way over priced... il stick to the cheaper options if i fancy cleaning the injector system etc.

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
but nothing ever made it less smokey!

Mmm, maybe I'm trying too many things at once as I've mixed vpower and MDSP4 for the last few tankfuls and mine is without a doubt less smokey. Is it the vpower or the MDSP4 ? Maybe I'll try without 1 or the other for a month and see what happens then report back. Like I said in my earlier post I was dubious, but 1 of the 2 has had a marked effect.
Or could it be my driving is a bit more "spirited" than the last owner and I've cleaned it out ?

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.