First Stage 3 Cupra!!!

GrDuDe_Cupra

May 11, 2010
I got bored of the 235bhp and decided to do something different. After talking with my mechanic and us dont liking the idea of water/mentahol injection system we decided to move on a hybrid turbo.

Originally we were going to use only impellers and axle from K04-23, but after some research we decided to try something that has never been done before. Due to DSG and its "limits" we didnt want to raise too much boost that would result in higher torque figures.

The final decision was to use only the back impeller and axle from a K04-023 for better spooling and from impeller from K04-64(2.0 TSFI) and it was balanced at 135K rounds for perfect functionality.
Also the cold section of the turbine was changed with something bigger :)

The electrical BOV had also to be replaced. For that we chose to use the Forge 007 BOV.

My old downpipe 63.5 had also to be changed by a bigger one and the needed diameter was 70mm. We also removed the catalyt so those who love the environment probably hate me lol.

The wastegate remained stock aswell as the injectors and fuel pump that are more than enough for the current project.

Tommorow is the final remap as i needed the car for a few days and i was running on a safe file @1,2bar. Our target is 260+ with 35-36kg of torque. Below are some pictures, tommorow i ll upload some more and hopefully the dyno result.

img0339oa.jpg

img0336cl.jpg

img0345ku.jpg

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Fekkin 'ell mate!!!!!!! I am really curious to see how this works out for you. The work looks very good though and if it is able to hold that power and not wreck the DSG you are gonna get alot of ppl started on their bocs and cupras.......... damn, I may be one of them too!!!!! Can't wait to see the dyno results mate.

Dec 3, 2009
Big ass turbo kicked in yO!

Lol ur crazy dude! Can't wait to see the figures! :)

Pifft Jason u forgot the FRs! Not just cupras and bocs :p

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I reckon as soon as an uprated clutch pack comes out for these boxes all you would need to do is remap the box for extra torque.

GrDuDe_Cupra

May 11, 2010
Just interested to hear how the dsg box will hold up. Any planned upgrades on the box?

After talking to my programmer he explained a few things to me with facts. Alot of false rumours were spread that dsg boxes break etc which only caused fear.

The DSG has its own "ecu" that if it feels that the torque is too much it will upshift by its own. Bare in mind that when you change gear you reduce the torque by 15kgs. Also the DSG can "fall" in safe mode too. The problem is not if the box will be able to hold the extra torque but how it will manage it. The fact that the clutch might die earlier is true but who cares really when you can change it.

When aftermarket products make their appearance, defo i ll go for it, for the time being nothing is available so the DSG will remain as it is.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Good point mate. Internals should be fine, it's the clutch pack that's the issue. So get that beast of yours on the rollers mate!

GrDuDe_Cupra

May 11, 2010
Unfortunately the programmer said he needs a full day of work and he wont be setting my car for another week.

All i can say is fkn lame and weak :((( One more week without car :S

swampy06

swamps
May 21, 2010
Canterbury
he he same here :(, i found a tunnel near my house eairler never seen it b4 took the motor frew it induction kit sounds nice and sporty :)

Spurt

Seat Bocanegra
Apr 23, 2010
Slough
o **** im going to feel the explosion from here with that big us blower on there! Fair play dude hope all runs well.... Could be the start of somthing big lol

Sep 2, 2010
Leeds
any news? im so keen to hear about this. Im sure it will change everybodys thoughts on tuning these cupras beyond the usual 215bhp (REVO)

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
any news? im so keen to hear about this. Im sure it will change everybodys thoughts on tuning these cupras beyond the usual 215bhp (REVO)

It may well run well for a while.. but I dont fancy the replacement bill for two new clutches on a DSG box 6/12 months down the line with that much power!

Fair play though! I'll watch with interest. :D

GrDuDe_Cupra

May 11, 2010

Still waiting for the remap, my programmer had to stay longer in the US and there was a huge que already :S

I am not sure how many will follow this route as the cost starts to get high. Apart from the classic Stage1 with full peripherals that costs around 2,500 Euros you need another 1500 Euros for the hybrid and it is adviced at some point soon (1 or 2 years) to proceed with a Forged Engine to get the maximum output(280bhp+) and/or ensure the resistance of the pistons,rods etc.will cost around 3,000 Euros. That brings you to a grand total of 7,000 Euros.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.