Cassette Safe Mode?

Amr

Sep 11, 2002
Egypt
Visit site
Hi guys,
I need help asap. My Battery is dying so the car respond after one or two trial for ignition. however, the AURA cassette went dead and asked for its code.
I have the right code and i did enter it b4 many times and it worked fine.
Blindly i entered the a wrong code for TWO TIMES. YES two times, i am totaly dumb and blind. :hide:

Now the problem is that i have the word 'SAFE' with a tiny number written beside '2 SAFE'. Number 2 is written beside SAFE and nuthing is responding. not a single button. before that i had a 4 digit code to be entered. now just dead. :censored:

Any ideas what should i do instead of going to the shitty dealer.

runboy

Alhambra 2.0TDI 150bhp Excellence DSG
Oct 14, 2001
Norfolk
I think (and I say 'I think' because I sold my Leon a while back) that if you enter a wrong code the unit may freeze for a while longer. Security feature to stop you entering random codes.

Take a look in a few hours and it may cleared itself and you can enter the code again.

Anyone else confirm my thoughts?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Amr

Turn on your radio, with no ignition on, the radio should light up and say SAFE as you say.

Now leavethe AURA on, lock the car, go away for a couple of hours.

Then go back to the car. The AURA should of shut off by itself, if it hasn't leave it until it does, has been known to take several hours, but on a first lock out, probably no more than 2 hours.

Once you see the radio has turned off, go back to the car, turn on the radio, it should flash SAFE then 1000, and then enter your 4 digit code as normal.

Works for me. :)

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
help!ive tried all of the advice on here and its not working!so i assume its the wrong cose or my car has had a new unit with different code.do the dealers charge 4a new code or unblocking my radio and who do i speak 2?ask at parts department or wot?i hate all this crap!

jbeeden

Cassette Safe Mode - Successful Solution !!!

After searching on the forum through Google with this problem, found this thread, did what it said and wahey !! radio not dead !!

what i mean the radio did reset after a period of time and I was able to input the security code successfully - but that doesn't rhyme as good as the above

Nice One Amr !!:)

Amr

Sep 11, 2002
Egypt
Visit site
my gaawd... couldnt believe that a thread is running since 6 years.. I have just sold my LEON last month :(

I am happy that posts like that helps out LEON owners :)

Exocet

May 10, 2007
help!

I've got the same problem but the radio does not switch on for me unless the key is in the ignition so I cant try the above fix, any ideas?

supercaley

:funk:
Amr

Turn on your radio, with no ignition on, the radio should light up and say SAFE as you say.

Then go back to the car. The AURA should of shut off by itself, if it hasn't leave it until it does, has been known to take several hours, but on a first lock out, probably no more than 2 hours.

Once you see the radio has turned off, go back to the car, turn on the radio, it should flash SAFE then 1000, and then enter your 4 digit code as normal.

Tried and succeeded with Zboyd solution this morning on my wife's car. 7 years on and still helping!

shell-vt

Amr

Works for me 2 thanks u saved me £15 can't believe this is still going since 2004

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
If you don't have the code, you'll have to go to a SEAT dealer, they should be able to retrieve the code from the serial number of the head unit. However there will likely be a charge.

Justin R

Sep 21, 2009
I did a further search and found some information saying that in the front of the radio handbook it says that seat will do this for free and there has been talk about people having various results, this was on another forum somewhere. Has anyone herd of this on here?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
SEAT Customer services should be able to confirm if that still applies. Dealers may have another story, but if you check with customer services they will be able to advise.

Telephone - 0500 222222

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members